Best time to go to Disney World & Universal Studios

October 11, 2016, 3:14 PM

HI, I'm from Sydney Australia. I'm planning a holiday next year for my family (wife & 2 adult aged kids) and have a few questions that I hope you can help me with.
1. When is the best time to visit regarding less crowds, weather etc.? I'm looking at either September, October or November 2017.
2. How many days should I allow to visit Disney World and Universal Studios?

Replies (9)

October 11, 2016, 4:14 PM

September would be the best. I would give 4 days for Disney and 3 of Universal. I would suggest staying at Disney (or near) for the Disney days and staying at a Universal Hotel (with express) for the 3 universal days.

October 11, 2016, 7:27 PM

I would say September because of the weather. However, you could have a hurricane hit Orlando so if you don't want to have that risk then opt for early November before Thanksgiving. I would spend three days at Disney (one day for MK, one for Epcot and another for Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios park hopping), one for Universal Orlando resort with the park to park ticket and Express pass, and one day for Busch Gardens.

October 11, 2016, 8:50 PM

September is a good time to go but there is a risk of hurricanes. I go in September or May before school lets out. I would also suggest staying on site at both properties if you can and 2-3 days at Universal and 4 at Disney is a good length without being rushed.

October 12, 2016, 2:53 PM

Thanks for the feedback it's been a big help. One other thing, when are the school holidays?

October 13, 2016, 8:51 AM

School holidays here are June, July and August. Some schools don't go back until after Labor Day, which is the first Monday in September. Most schools are also out for two or three days for our Thanksgiving Holiday, which is the fourth Thursday in November. Otherwise, no major school holidays over the months you're considering.

October 13, 2016, 9:17 PM

Go during the week in November when it's cooler and not as crowded. I would do 2 days for big parks at universal and at least three for all the parks and disney springs for disney world.

October 13, 2016, 11:03 PM

Once again thanks for the feedback it's been a great help. Now for the hard part, getting the money together. Australia's a great place to live, but boy it's expensive when you want to travel anywhere.

Edited: October 14, 2016, 10:18 AM

First Thanks you considering visiting America for a vacation.

Late September and early October are great times to visit. Nice weather and low crowds.

Have a fantastic Trip...

October 15, 2016, 2:28 AM

If I stay at a Universal studio hotel, what transportation is available to get to Disneyworld?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive