Disney releases new preview of 'Pandora: The World of Avatar'

Edited: December 27, 2016, 11:24 AM

The impact of the DAK expansion is going to be extraordinary.

For more ride descriptions:

Replies (10)

Edited: December 26, 2016, 3:21 PM

It's great to finally see inside Na'vi River Journey. There's a bit of a Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DisneySea vibe, which is a very good thing.

December 26, 2016, 3:53 PM

James Cameron is looking old, he is just 62 but I imagined him looking jonger. And Avatar 2, 3 and 4 are still in pre-production (5 is announced).
The video really, really tries hard to sell this addition to Animal Kingdom.

December 26, 2016, 4:30 PM

I don't know, if i predicted that Disney buy Lightstorm Entertainment or not. Anyway is my opinion of what Disney should buy next, another opinions is Rainbow s.r.l., Hasbro and Netflix.

December 27, 2016, 1:22 AM

Looks great! I just hope there's more animatronics than the one we're seeing in the video.

December 27, 2016, 5:26 AM

The kool aide is strong with this video.

No other theme park has an immersive environment, eh? I could have swore there was one that had this and it was about four miles away.

Well at least there's a completion date for the project in the video. I'm sure it will be impressive. It's just a matter if the content will be a sticky factor with the guests. The film hasn't particularly stayed relevant with pop culture and the average movie goer. Maybe this will be an instance where the theme-land will revitalize it.

December 27, 2016, 5:12 PM

This will be onbe of those expansions where familiarity with the IP is just a windfall and not necessarily the reason it will be a gate crasher. The mountains, water features, bioluminescent plants will make the expansion look like a modern Hanging Gardens of Mesopatamia. With Senior Creative VP Joe Rohde at the helm, themed entertainment fans should be very confident in the prospects of this expansion.

December 27, 2016, 8:46 PM

It is a vast improvement on the Pocahontas show and a bunch of character meet and greets!

Why not? Disney has shown with Splash Mountain that they can still make a good attraction without popular movie IP.

December 28, 2016, 6:25 AM

Story is an important component of themed entertainment. But there is no necessity that every attraction must be a linear presentation (beginning, middle ["something goes horribly wrong"), end. I hope the Na’vi River Journey has no story and that the effects just cycle continuously.

Edited: December 29, 2016, 9:10 PM

Hope they will fix or replace Dinoland after this. It's just embarrassing.

January 2, 2017, 11:20 AM

The 'Entertainment Weekly article has some images of the 'Flight of Passage' ride system and the sets from the 'Na’vi River Journey.'

http://ew.com/movies/2016/12/28/james-cameron-disney-world-avatar-land/

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive