Theme Park Apprentice Chat 1

Edited: January 31, 2017, 12:02 PM

So you've registered (or are considering registering) and now you have questions.

Post them here and the community will try to answer them.

If we start getting bored, we might try to spice things up with an unjudged warm-up challenge...so we can shake some cobwebs off.

This is also a good place to introduce yourself so you can let your competitors know that they haven't a chance to beat you.

Trash talking in a PG kind of way is highly encouraged on this thread.

Replies (7)

February 1, 2017, 2:26 PM

I see this every few months. What exactly is theme park apprentice?

February 2, 2017, 12:03 PM

Theme Park Apprentice is a more or less annual competition held on the message boards of Theme Park Insider.

Each week you will be given a challenge and have to design something that is better than the other people playing.

An oversimplified example would be "Design a dark ride for the Marvel/Pixar Franchise Big Hero 6" or "Design a restaurant that would be located in the new Star Wars Land" or "Design the next expansion of Harry Potter Land".

This competition is designed to test your knowledge of the theme park industry, particularly about what works and what doesn't, test your creativity, and test your ability to convey your thoughts in such a way that you can paint a picture with your words. Typically, descriptions of rides will talk about the facade, the queue, the ride mechanics, a walkthrough of the ride, and other facts about it.

You will submit your entry via the chat boards and then be judged by people who are highly experienced in these competitions. Typically a single person is eliminated per week, but we are doing a shortened version this time, so no one will be eliminated this time around. The final will only be completed by 2-3 people.

If you need further information, do a search on this site for TPA and Theme Park Apprentice and you will see many competitions to peruse. Reading over some of the older competitions will give you a really good idea of what is expected this time around.

February 8, 2017, 4:47 AM

Check the other thread for the names that I have of competitors so far. The list is not closed yet, so if you intend to compete then get your names on the list NOW!

February 9, 2017, 7:52 AM

Hmmm... color me intrigued!

February 9, 2017, 6:10 PM

So are you intrigued like you're interested or intending to compete?

February 10, 2017, 9:22 AM

I think I'll have to wait until the next competition. I'm moving from Minnesota to Colorado in a few weeks, then heading to Tokyo Disney Resort for a week. Perhaps that will inspire me for the next one! :-)

February 10, 2017, 2:33 PM

Understandable. Have a great time,and watch for the next Theme Park Apprentice competition!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive