Tokyo Disney Resort Trip

February 3, 2017, 8:44 AM

Hey all!

I'm considering planning a last-minute trip to the Tokyo Disney Resort in mid-March. Flights are dirt cheap, so I figure it's now or never!

Here's my question - how did you price out and book your trip? The resort's booking website is confusing and fairly out of date.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Replies (9)

February 3, 2017, 3:55 PM

I always book directly with Sheraton or Hilton depending on who has the better rate. There both great hotels and have English speaking staff. You can buy your tickets at either hotel once you arrive.

February 5, 2017, 11:36 AM

Clayton,
The Tokyo Disney website is a bit hard to navigate, but is manageable with perseverance. I agree with Paul, try booking through the Hilton to make things easier. Everyone speaks english and the hotel is very nice and close to the monorail station. You can buy your park tickets there as well. It's probably too late to stay at one of the Disney hotels anyway. They fill up as soon as they are available. And if this is a once in a lifetime trip I would consider skipping DL and just doing TDS. And stick to buses if you're just doing Disney and not going in to Tokyo. They will pick you up straight from the airport and drop you directly at the hotel. And most of all, have a blast. I'm going on my 5th trip there this June, It's that awesome.

February 5, 2017, 5:54 PM

Booking our trip was pretty easy. We bought our park tickets through the official Tokyo Disney site. We booked our hotel (MyStays Maihama) through the hotel's official site.

Whatever you choose to do you will not regret going. Tokyo Disneyland Resort is absolutely worth the time and money!

February 5, 2017, 6:50 PM

Perfect, that's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you so much! I'll definitely report back after the trip. I can't wait!

February 6, 2017, 8:11 AM

Tim - How convenient was the MyStays Maihama? It's quite a bit cheaper than the Hilton or Sheraton.

Thanks!

February 6, 2017, 5:59 PM

MyStays is very convenient to TDS. You can be at the gates within ten minutes. The walk to TDL is considerably longer but nothing we couldn't handle for years of staying off-site near Disneyland in Anaheim, probably around twenty minutes, give or take. Also, we often cut through Ikspiari for a change of scenery coming and going to the park.

Something to consider as well is that you'll have to do the TDL walk to get to Maihama Station, the major train line for heading in and out of the TDR area.

Also, definitely keep in mind that MyStays is all about having a room to shower and sleep in. Being a Japanese business-style hotel (although they seem to fully acknowledge that many Disney park-goers will stay there) the rooms are VERY small by American standards. If you think of it as a dorm room with a private bath you'll probably be fine. We spent every waking moment at the parks or elsewhere in Tokyo so we were fine with the small space.

We were happy with MyStays overall. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful (Japanese customer service FTW!) and the hotel was clean and well-maintained. Again, it is fairly utilitarian and slightly dated but it more than gets the job done for the price point.

February 8, 2017, 10:44 AM

Thanks, Tim!

February 11, 2017, 3:10 PM

Look forward to a trip report Clayton! Have an amazing time!

February 13, 2017, 1:01 PM

Thanks, Kelly! Booking my flights tomorrow!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive