Paramount Park London

April 7, 2017, 3:22 AM

http://dailym.ai/2oLZkTs (copy and paste this link into your web browser for the story)

What are peoples thoughts on Paramounts' plans to create a £57 entry fee theme park just outside London?

Replies (7)

April 7, 2017, 10:25 AM

Anyone else tired of Studio parks?

April 7, 2017, 11:34 AM

A fantastic idea! And Paramount has some great IP to pull from.

April 7, 2017, 2:18 PM

If they stay away from "The Magic of Movie Making" and stick to attractions based on IPs then that's OK.

April 8, 2017, 2:30 AM

Two points here:

1. It's quite standard for parks to set a high 1-day gate price, specifically to encourage people to buy multi-day tickets, or to make promotions/advance tickets seem like better value. How many people would actually end up paying that £57? I'd guess a pretty low number?

2. Anything we're hearing from Paramount London is solely going to be about driving interest from potential investors and partners. This announcement is about pitching the park as a Disney-level project, making it more attractive. We're a fair few years into this now, and there's still a lot of capital to attract and government bodies to convince of its benefits to the local area and economy - whether we'll actually see this park built rests on those two things.

April 8, 2017, 10:16 AM

Baring in mind that chessington world of adventures is located near paramount park and that has a gate price of about £48. Further up north alton towers which in my opinion is the best theme park in Britain has a gate price of roughly £52. This price of £57 for a one day ticket to paramount park seems good in comparison especially if this is going to be as good of quality as disney parks. (Hopefully it's going to be better than walt disney studios park though).

Edited: April 8, 2017, 12:44 PM

>>>>· Baring in mind that chessington world of adventures is located near paramount park and that has a gate price of about £48. Further up north alton towers which in my opinion is the best theme park in Britain has a gate price of roughly £52

And nobody actually pays those prices. 2-4-1 and other discounts are very easy to find.... and if you can't find one you can get massive discounts paying the day before online.

April 11, 2017, 11:12 AM

This is still a pipe-dream in my opinion. That have been talking about this park for years and have yet to make a single move toward getting it done. They only thing we have is artist renderings and meetings with the local council. What we don't have is money and construction equipment.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive