TPA chatter thread

July 9, 2017, 7:59 AM

Welcome to Downtown Theme park apprentice... Or should that be Theme Park Apprentice Springs?... Oh forget the rebrand its the Chatter thread for Chattering away.

Replies (7)

July 9, 2017, 4:55 PM

Just a reminder, there is no queue (Virtual or otherwise) to posting in the challenge thread.

However, before posting try to make sure you're completely happy with it. Make sure you've told us everything you want to tell us. Have a look at the recent Tournament of Champions threads if you're looking for a sense of what we'll be looking for.

July 12, 2017, 7:10 AM

An update on The Search for a Third Judge.

The search is over! For most of the summer-long season, the third judging role will be filled by an armchair Imagineer named kmbmw777, who will be new to Theme Park Insider, but is otherwise a veteran in these affairs.

But he is on vacation for the following week. Subbing will be a guest judge who shares kmbmw777's background, one MonorailRed. She is a very talented artist and designer. I trust both of our just-announced new judges will be fair and helpful.

And a reminder for anyone who hasn't submitted yet, Challenge One is due this Saturday!

Edited: July 12, 2017, 8:26 AM

Hi all! I am kmbmw777 (aka Kevin) from the WDWMagic Fourms. As Douglas said, I will be judging for this competition, except for week one as I will be living it up in Disneyland!

On the WDWMagic boards I have competed in the House Cup, a Twist in Time, So You Want to be and Imagineer Season 14. I have also hosted the year end competition Eisner's Game and the informal March Mania!

Interesting facts about me are that I play the drums, I love Marvel Movies, and I know Chicago like the back of my hand!

July 13, 2017, 3:00 AM

Hello All,
I thought id let you know, I will be withdrawing from this years TPA, I just got promoted at work, which means my free time, has now evaporated as im being thrown on course after course for the next month and it involves a lot of study in order to pass my upcoming QCF Level 5. Boring stuff, trust me, but id rather pull away than post something that will be sub par.

I wil be watching keenly however! Good luck to all.

July 13, 2017, 6:09 AM

Sorry to see you go, Alan, but it's perfectly understandable. Congrats on the promotion! You've had some incredibly strong proposals in the past, and I still look forward to anything new you might do in the future.

July 15, 2017, 7:33 AM

Just a reminder to everyone that Challenge One is due tonight at midnight site time!

July 16, 2017, 8:21 AM

I just wanted to add that even if you couldn't manage to post something in Challenge 1, you're still more than welcome to start with Challenge 2.

Even if you just have a random one-off idea you'd like some feedback on, give it a shot!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive