DHS Frozen Entertainment?

June 26, 2014, 12:05 PM

So Disney on their blog announced a bunch of Frozen-themed entertainment offerings at DHS this summer

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/06/get-ready-to-experience-frozen-summer-fun-live-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Is this a big thing? (If Disney wanted to, they could probably make the stage show a permanent thing) Also, do you think this symbolizes that Disney may want to build a permanent Frozen themed ride at DHS (a ride at that park is much needed imo) Or is this just Disney capitalizing on a popular film in a relatively inexpensive way, and this means nothing long-term speaking?

Replies (3)

June 26, 2014, 12:53 PM

My guess is that it's an attempt to try and alleviate some of the crowds at Magic Kingdom and bring down the daily 300 minute wait times to meet Anna and Elsa. Of course, all that depends on how truly interactive this is.

June 28, 2014, 1:40 PM

That is the REAL hallmark of theme park success: When you take action to REDUCE attendance.

July 1, 2014, 12:48 PM

James has a point. I don't think that Disney wants people wasting 4 hours in line, missing out on the other parts of the park, and the new Mine Train ride that Disney had advertised a load of times. The new events signal a possible Frozen themed- ride/land at Walt Disney World.

Note: I believe merchandising and box office wise, Frozen might be among the most successful movies of all time, among the ranks of Star Wars and Titanic.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive