Six Flags Magic Mountain: Need Tips For Family

June 27, 2014, 10:14 PM

Hi!
My family and I are planning a day at SFMM. [Me, husband, 2 sons (17,14) and daughter (11)]. We are planning on being there on Tuesday with Gold Flash Passes. This site has been very helpful and I plan to use the following strategies:
-use Discover Card for early entry
-cargo pockets all around

I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions or could answer some question:
-what would be the best approach for riding Full Throttle and X2 (we're not getting the upgrades) I'm thinking FT first then X2 in the afternoon?

-How much are the lockers for all day and are they accessible?

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies (1)

Edited: June 28, 2014, 9:57 AM

It's VERY hilly and the temperature will be soaring next week so be prepared for that. Good shoes, water, and sunscreen (Not a ton of shade).I think Discover card gets discounts on food also. And they used to have where you can buy a soda cup and get it refilled cheaply all season so check for that. The clientele is different than Disneyland. More teens than family friendly. Metal detectors at the entrance. Long walk up the hill from the parking lot to the entrance and they don't always have enough room on the trams. Be prepared for hills and heat and have fun.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive