MaxPass revolutionized my Disneyland Day

Edited: August 11, 2017, 12:36 PM

I had one day in Anaheim and was staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I wanted to get in to see as much of both parks as possible (because I have no idea when I’ll make to another theme park again) and I knew MaxPass would be helpful and it definitely was. I recommend it to anyone who is going with limited time to spend.

With Extra Magic Hour at DCA we were able to buy MaxPass on my phone after entering the park and get a FastPass for Radiator Springs Racers 10 minutes BEFORE the Extra Magic Hour even began. THe return time was right at regular opening time for the park. We were able to go to GotG, Toy Story, and California Screamin before regular park opening at 9. The great thing about MaxPass here is that we got a Space Mountain FastPass for some time around 10:30 while in line for Soarin’ Around the World.

The entire day (Wednesday, August 9) went completely smooth. I would set a timer on my phone for one minute before I could get a new FastPass and got one right away for whatever seemed like a good idea at the time. I counted doing 25 rides/shows during our day. That includes taking 1pm to 5:45pm off while I was at a class at a conference I was attending at the DIsneyland Hotel (where I was still getting FastPasses as soon as they were available to me). We were able to get one ride each on GotG, RSR, Toy Story, Screamin', and Soarin' by about 90 minutes after the beginning of Extra Magic Hour. I don't think it would have taken much extra time without the EMH advantage.

At one point, I had a FastPass for Roger Rabbit. We were in line for Haunted Mansion at the beginning of the return time but apparently Roger Rabbit had closed for a few minutes. The digital FastPass automatically transformed into an anytime-any attraction (in DIsneyland, not DCA) FastPass. Awesome deal! We were so effective with FastPasses though that we ended up not even needing it at any point but we could have tossed in a FastPass entrance to Space Mountain at 11:55pm if we had wanted to.)

Below is the list of everything that we went on/saw:

Guardians of the Galaxy (once, standby during EMH)
Radiator Springs Racers (2x FP)
California Screamin’ (once standby during EMH, once single rider)
Toy Story Midway Mania (once standby EMH)
Soarin’ Around the World (once standby, once FP)
World of Color

Star Tours (once standby, once FP)
Space Mountain (twice FP)
Buzz Lightyear (once FP)
Indiana Jones (twice FP)
Haunted Mansion (once standby)
Pirates of the Caribbean (once standby)
Splash Mountain (once FP)
Disneyland Railroad NO Square to Toontown
Roger Rabbit (standby)
Monorail DD to Tomorrowland
Peter Pan (standby)
Matterhorn (once FP)
Big Thunder (once FP)
Fireworks

Pretty much a perfect day at Disneyland. Having free digital downloads of all our ride photos is a great bonus as well with MaxPass. We walked to Peter Pan from Space Mountain around 6:15pm, knowing from the app that it was broken down and hoping that it would open up quickly. The line opened literally within seconds of us arriving and we got to the front of the line, so we were a bit lucky there. Everything else I attribute to good use of FastPass and knowledge of park layout and having a solid plan. And walking fast.

Definitely recommend for a more efficient visit and getting more FastPasses. It was brilliant.

PS - Guests are still really held up by scanning park tickets at the green circle scanner things instead of handing in paper FastPasses. I assume that will take a few months/years. It slowed down entering most FastPass lines but the FastPass line was still quite fast.

Replies (1)

August 11, 2017, 9:47 AM

Sounds great! I really want to check it out if I ever get to SOCAL.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive