From Pokemon Go to Harry Potter: Wizards Unite

Edited: November 11, 2017, 3:42 PM

The people that brought us Pokemon Go are back with their next great idea. It is called Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.

Holy Potter Sh!!

Here is the link so you don't have to take my word for it.

https://nianticlabs.com/blog/wizardsunite/

Let me just say that this idea sounds much much better than Pokemon Go, although Pokemon wasn't in my generation, so admittedly the IP alone didn't register very much with me. If Pokemon could crash the Niantic servers, I can only imagine that Harry Potter is going to blow up the servers even more.

Is anyone else excited about this? And does anyone have more information about what to expect?

Edit: It sounds like the Warner Brothers San Francisco team is behind the development of the game instead of like with Pokemon where Niantic did everything. Since Niantic is involved, it becomes unclear who is the driver behind the game. Although, knowing that JK doesn't let anything intrude on her world without her specific and special permission, so the quality on this one will be at her standards.

Replies (1)

Edited: November 13, 2017, 12:48 PM

I suppose you would think that I am going to say something along the lines of "What we really need is a Marvel or Xmen version of an augmented reality game."

But...you'd be wrong...that crap would be SUPER boring. (yeah...that was a pun...just go with it)

What I want is a South Park augmented reality game that while anyone could play, it only worked in Colorado and you had to use your magical f@rt abilities to defeat crooked cops, thieves, p!mps, cr@ckheads, and homeless people... Amazing fun would be had by all!!

To be honest, I'm looking forward to foolish Potterheads stepping out into traffic because they are only paying attention to their cell phone screens. It's been a shame to only pick the Pokemon lovers out of the gene pool.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive