We Need Your Feedback On Our Amusement Park Water Bottle Project

November 17, 2017, 8:16 PM

I am the coach of a middle school Robotics team. This year's competition has us focusing on water and a possible problem and an innovative solution. We have come up with an idea for a water fountain filter that allows a person to fill their water bottle or container from a water fountain using a filter and our Fountain Filler invention. We have hopefully solved the problem of not being able to fill a water bottle from a drinking fountain because the bottle does not fit and the high cost of water at amusement parks. Using a filter, we have also solved the problem of bad tasting drinking fountain water. We know your organization would be an excellent resource for our students. We desperately want your feedback on our invention. We would appreciate any comments or suggestions you could offer!! Thank you for your time!! Here is the link to our video on the "Fountain Filler"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZIFhO9NU0Q

Replies (4)

November 18, 2017, 1:16 PM

Simple, yet ingenious. The only concern I have is that it seems to be on the presumption that the water pressure is decent... Far too often I've used devices where the pressure barely gets the water out at all....

...That and I don't have a problem with tap water. In most of the world its good enough for me.

November 18, 2017, 2:34 PM

Thank you so much for your reply Chad!! Yes, we are hoping for good pressure to get the water onto the ramp. Most of the fountains we drink from are downright nasty. Thanks Again!!!

November 20, 2017, 2:50 PM

This is a great start! Some possible thoughts: can it be foldable? Most of us have backpacks or purses, so it would need to be able to fit compactly in one of those. And as Chad H mentioned, lots of fountains have weak water pressure. A slightly longer ramp might be needed. And while tap water is usually safe, it's not always good tasting. Our water in Phoenix tastes like dirt and chlorine, so the filter is a great addition. Keep up the good work! This is a cool project.

November 20, 2017, 5:46 PM

Thanks Teddy!!! You are not the first person to suggest the foldable idea. We are currently working through that idea. We did lengthen the ramp by a few inches. Thank you so much for your feedback.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive