Knott's raises parking prices for MarketPlace restaurants, shops

January 20, 2018, 5:15 PM

Here are the new prices for parking for Marketplace, the area of restaurants and shops that include Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant and various shops outside the park gates (and Independence Hall under the tunnel next to Soak City):

1 hour free parking.
Each additional half hour or portion thereof: $10
Maximum charge: $30
Lost ticket charge: $30
Additional 2 hours free with ticket validated and minimum $18 purchase from marketplace restaurant or shop

First seen at
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bd-5dozHRNj/

It seems like they are forcing people to pay at least $18 to park more than 1 hour. I've read elsewhere that this is a further crackdown on people who abuse the marketplace parking for going to the theme park, but this may end up hurting the shops and restaurants there by limiting the people who are willing to visit if they have to pay $18 for parking.

Replies (1)

January 21, 2018, 6:39 PM

Yes, this is largely due to passholder abuse, as I've heard people were making a token purchase for validation and then hanging out in the park. Like Disneyland, Knott's doesn't want people taking up the limited parking space if they aren't actually spending money. While I've seen some complaints about it in a couple passholder groups, I'm not against it at all...it's not a removal of privileges, just the closure of a loophole. I doubt this will have too much of an impact on the marketplace, as most of those who visit are either visiting the park as well (and will simply park in regular parking) or are planning to shop anyway and will get a validation.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive