Kraken Un-unleashed !!

January 25, 2018, 10:28 AM

Anybody have any idea why Seaworld has removed all the VR equipment from Kraken ?
I was there last night and it was running every couple of minutes, so I took a closer look ... and no VR ?
........... at least they were running 2 trains on the Mako, but still only 1 on the Manta.

Replies (5)

Edited: January 25, 2018, 11:16 AM

Screamscape has reported that the equipment was removed from the trains over the previous week and much of the VR signage has similarly been removed. Considering what has been happening around the chain, I wouldn't be surprised if every park has been forced to slash its operational costs, and running Kraken: Unleashed was probably an easy line item to nix.

January 25, 2018, 4:04 PM

Fine with this. Was not a kraken vr fan at all.

January 26, 2018, 6:20 AM

I agree Russell, most probably a cost cutting exercise, although the popularity of the VR was declining over the last few months of 2017. Even going in at weekends, I could walk on Kraken most of the time, and fewer than 50% were wearing the headset. It was one of those .... "seemed like a good idea at the time" moments !!
I hope Infinity Falls doesn't turn out to be one of those as well.
It's certainly going to be an interesting time for Seaworld up until the Orca encounter is due to open in late 2019. Sink or swim time ??

Edited: January 29, 2018, 8:18 AM

Ladies and Gentleman, ushering in Six Flags Sea World Orlando.

February 6, 2018, 6:48 PM

I dropped by Seaworld tonight and both the Manta & Kraken were walk-ons. (Mako was 25min due to only 1 train running) Speaking to one of the Kraken operators he is under the impression Kraken Unleashed will be back online sometime around spring break ... time will tell. The announcement on the ride into the station still says remove headsets.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive