Disney/Fox/Comcast

May 8, 2018, 7:28 AM

Just cos we’ve previously discussed this. Hot on the heels of Comcast going after 21C fox’s “crown Jewel” Sky U.K., CNBC Is reporting that Comcast is reaching out to financiers to make an all cash bid for Fox.

Replies (3)

May 8, 2018, 2:12 PM

Results too came for Disney, stock down not because of results but I think it is due to Comcast interference. Infographics of the Disney results can be found at https://news.alphastreet.com/disney-posts-upbeat-q1-results/

May 8, 2018, 2:38 PM

Looks pretty good to me, I doubt they'll be disapointed. Their interactive stuff is yet to go through the full launch of their new streaming service I think, so that drop probably wont worry them, and the drop in media networks is the way of things at the moment.

May 11, 2018, 12:49 PM

My problem that i have with "Comcast buying Fox, and not Disney" is the fact that it reminds me of how Microsoft outbid Activision into buying Rare. After Nintendo rejected an offer from Rare that consists in buying 100% of the company and each other had a fight. Rare decided to look for a buyer or another publisher. Activision was supposed to buy Rare, but Microsoft is also interest into buying the game studio and succesfully outbid Activision with its $375 million. because of that, Rare becomes Microsoft subsidairy and made games exclusively for the Xbox consoles, since then. If Activision purchase Rare without Microsoft interference, Rare could have been making games for every consoles like PlayStation, Xbox and Nintendo.

The reason is that Microsoft has more money than Activision. The same could happen to Comcast buying Fox. Comcast has more money than Disney, since they own the cable company (Xfinity) and even is the owner of NBCUniversal.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive