Need help for Efteling

June 6, 2018, 6:12 PM

Is the "nighttime" show worth it when the park closes at 6 P.M. or should we just skip it?

Also we need a one day plan of attack (June) prioritizing dark rides and putting the rollercoasters at the end of the priority list.

Thanksin advance

Replies (9)

June 7, 2018, 2:21 PM

Aquanura is... fine. If you're sticking around anyway then you might as well catch it - it's not like it's so popular that you need to stake out a spot or anything. But it's essentially just dancing fountains set to music from the park. World of Color it ain't. I wouldn't sacrifice jumping in a last-minute queue for a ride you haven't been on to see it.

I don't think you really need a game plan for Efteling. I'd recommend going straight to Symbolica (including multiples rides, if you so wish) then Baron 1898, then getting to the back of the park to do Vliegende Hollander, Joris en de Draak and - if you think you'll want to ride it - Python.

(Python is not a notable coaster by any means, but it's just had a complete rebuild, so my assumption is that it'll be popular right now. But if you're not that bothered about riding it, then leave it til the end of the day and see if you have time then. It's not a priority.)

The rest of the day you can probably take in any order you fancy. Make sure you do Fata Morgana, Droomvlucht, and spend a good chunk of time wandering through the highlight of the park, the Fairytale Forest. (The Forest is a good middle-of-the-day thing, as it's not a ride, so not subject to queues.)

Spookslot, Vogel Rok and Bob are all fun attractions worth checking out, as is the Efteling Museum. Raveleijn has some impressive moments so is worth a watch.

Carnaval Festival seems to have Efteling legendary status for some reason, but... make your own mind up on that one, if the queue is short.

Make sure you give yourself the luxury of just wandering around and soaking it up. The atmosphere of the place is the star of the show.

The most important thing of all however is to make sure you find one of Efteling's trademark "paper gobblers" to dispose of your rubbish in...

June 7, 2018, 4:17 PM

Nice. Thanks for the tips Ben. Much appreciated :)

June 9, 2018, 6:05 AM

The most important fact about Aquanura show, is that during summertime, it's a "WHITE" show at 6:15 PM (and still at 7:15 PM, if they shedule a second show with extended opening hours. The park (attractions) COULD stay open until 7pm instead of 6pm by day-decision from the direction. It's NOT in the opening hours time tables, it's a day decision and announced on a billboard directly behind the main entrance)
But, OK, daylight hours are endless in summer.
Only the summernight weekends (juli & august, on friday and saturday) have official opening hours until 11PM !
You should see Aquanura on such a night ! Only then, you get the full-coulour magic of it ! :-) (Along with the overall fairy tale lighting of the whole park)

In wintertime, it's different. All shows of Aquanura, then, are in "nighttime" at 6:15 or 7:15 PM
Worth to take the cold wheather as inconvenient :-) (Icy cold wind, icy rain or snow !?? NOTHING will Aquanura stop playing .. haha

By the way, I ADORE Aquanura. It is what a great dancing fountains show should be : beautiful, gracious, inspired, ...fairy like..., NO frenetic sceaming images and voices like with Disney. (I cannot stand the visual aggresion which Disney THINKS is needed for a great show.)
Aquanura is up to the level of "art"...

Edited: June 9, 2018, 12:25 PM

By the way, Enrique,
As a suggestion to your travel list from your previous forum question ;
------------------
My wishlist:
1.- Efteling (2 days?)
2.- EuroDisney (2 or 3 days).
3.- Futuroscope (1 or 2 days)
4.- Europa Park ( 1 or 2 days?)
5.- Darren's Ghost Train (it's in Thorpe park right?)
6.- Alton Towers
7.- London eye during night
8.- 221B Baker street
9.- Abbey Road
10.- Somnai Immersive experience London
11.- The void Star Wars
----------------

You for sure miss out 2 of the unique TOP parks in Europe.
TOP because of quality and being unique.

Belgium :
Pairi Daiza , animal theme park. You know Disney Animal Kingdom? Well, I rate Pairi Daiza 2nd on the world ranking of animal theme parks. (Not simply "zoo", but full blown theme park ! - Diamond Awards 2018 "Best animal theme park of Europe") Detail sometimes blows away Disney. Even the toilets are 100% themed in Pairi Daiza ... be sure to queue up for the stupa toilet temple in the Indonesia theme area... haha
They do have extended evening time hours in summer, until 9pm , and until 11pm ! The park is very large ! You can easily speed walk everything in a day.. lol.. but especially with intense animal, gardens and culture interests, you need 2 days.

France :
Puy du Fou !! If there is one park in the world, based exclusively on grand special effects life shows, then it is this place you shoud visit. The Puy du Fou shows are bigger and more thrilling then anything Disney. (Whatever Disney tells the world) ... :-)
The Cinéscénie evening show (on reservation only) is a ticket apart from the park, but there you get the "greatest show on earh", without marketing blabla, this time , with 2.400 (!!!) actors, scene size = 23 hectares (!!!), 28,000 (!!!) kostumes... solid facts .. lol

CHEERS

June 9, 2018, 12:15 PM

Which day would you be in Efteling ?
I'm there often :-) (Year pass holder)
Possibility to meet up !
Cheers

June 11, 2018, 10:03 AM

@Herwig Delvaux

My sister and I fly to Amsterdam on wednesday june 20. The plan is to spend all of the following day at Efteling.

Yes, if you can make time, we should meet up. That would be great!

Edited: June 20, 2018, 5:15 AM

Hello Enrique,
So, that means : on thursday june 21 !? right ? :-)
It's very well possible ! :-)
You can reach me on email wig@mail.be :-)
(not 'gmail' but mail.be .... :-) )

----------------------------------------

ARRIVING !? ARRIVED ?
:-)
You can still mail me, today :-)

Edited: June 20, 2018, 4:08 PM

Hi! Sorry for the late response. Yes, as planned, we arrived today and going to the park tomorrow. My email is e_jimenez_@hotmail.com

Just sent you an email with my phone number

June 23, 2018, 3:44 PM

Appearance in Efteling... magically, some day past week, at the rim of the lake with the white leisure boats, a public binocular appeared.
https://i1.wp.com/eftelingsestraat.nl/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/WhatsApp-Image-2018-06-20-at-14.37.50.jpeg
When you use it, and look over the lake , you'll magically see and hear the INVISIBLE Efteling dragons, flying over all the time ........ :-)
https://i1.wp.com/eftelingsestraat.nl/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/WhatsApp-Image-2018-06-20-at-14.37.48-1.jpeg

By the way, Efteling has not less then 4 animatronic dragons in the park. Two are VERY big .. :-) ... all are fun. And now, you'll meet the new ones in full themed virtual tech version.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive