Private Events at a theme park.

Edited: July 20, 2018, 8:07 PM

We have all seen private events at theme parks many times and I am wondering if anyone has ever gone to one… Last year we stayed late at Universal Orlando to watch the Nighttime Show. So, we wanted to go to one of the city walk places to eat. We left the park only to find out all the better places were closed for a private event…. Grrrrrrrrr.. Cowfish, NBC grill and so on… All were closed to public. (It was a HP company event)

Then I started to think, maybe one day I can be one of those people to attend a private function. Just think how awesome it would be; limited lines, picture taking with no impediments, ride your favorites many times…

So, this December we have the opportunity to attend one of them. Another web site I follow has a private event and we are strongly considering going… It will have to be a short trip of 4 days but I believe it will be worth it.

Replies (2)

July 25, 2018, 7:54 AM

It really depends on which event you're going to. A lot of the buyouts at Universal are companies in town for conferences, so its all middle aged people who are away from their families. On top of that many of these companies decide for whatever reason they want unlimited alcohol so the park is filled with people who get wasted and act like idiots. It's really not pleasant at all.

But then there are other buyouts that are for employees of companies and their families, as opposed to people who travel for a conference and are on their own, so those are usually more bearable.

July 25, 2018, 1:16 PM

Thanks The__Man - The event I can attend will be 25 rides at Universal. Food and snacks included throughout the parks, but Alcohol is not included.

And the folks that attend are Huge Universal fans, not a company event so "Hannerhan" the drunk from accounting will not be attending..

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive