Looking for Hogsmeade/Diagon Alley advice

July 21, 2014, 8:08 AM

We're going to Orlando the last week of August. Staying at Disney World, but renting a car and heading to Universal for a day to see all the Harry Potter stuff for my obsessed 12 year old daughter. We have our tickets, am I'm looking at the Universal website, but I'm looking for advice as to the best way to plan our day. We'll be getting there for the park opening, but if we want to see the Harry Potter areas first and the least crowded can anyone guide me as to where we should head first? Second, etc.? I feel like I've got our Disney World trip planned to the last inch, but am feeling overwhelmed at the prospect of researching and planning for another park so any advice would be welcome. We'll certainly be exploring the rest of Universal, but our primary focus is to enjoy Harry Potter. Thanks so much!

Replies (1)

July 21, 2014, 8:44 AM

Be in the park prior to 8am as they are letting people enter early and holding them at in a queue in Hollywood. We had at least a few hundred people behind us this Friday.

About 7:45 they opened the gates for a brisk walk to Fear Factor for your return ticket to Diagon Alley. We then wnet straight over to Kings Cross in about 5 minutes jumped on the train for Hogsmeade and came back on the train for London in just about the same time as our return time was posted for (they will let you in early if its close)

Then I suggest straight to Gringotts and make sure to pickup food and drink from the ladies selling fruit, water and even sandwiches in the line...do not stop at the cart. Stopping at the cart can actually cost you about 10 to 15 minutes of line wait and the same items are for sale from the ladies. After the bank....just explore

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive