Have you ever used a discount site to buy park tickets?

November 26, 2018, 8:06 AM

My wife and I are taking our two children on one last trip to Orlando before the boys have both left home. At work my company is a member of a site called "Perkopolis" which has discounts for online shopping for everything from merchandise to theme park tickets. In order to access the site I needed to open an account but in order to complete the sign up process I had to provide my work email address. After about an hour I received an reply back with the instructions to complete signing up. This gave me reason to believe that the site itself was legitimate.

This brings me to where I am currently at, the site has tickets to Universal Orlando for a signficant savings, exchange rate, and taxes included in price, over the park website. So I am wondering if anyone else has used this site or a similar site to purchase their tickets as while the savings are good I don't want to get to the park and find out I wasted money on tickets that aren't good.

Replies (6)

Edited: November 26, 2018, 9:04 AM

You're probably going to be fine since this is already vetted through your work. It's likely Perkopolis has a deal worked out with a company that is an authorized reseller and acts like a wholesaler for flights, hotels, and activities like theme park tickets. Just read your instructions carefully because you will likely be emailed a link for a voucher or emailed the tickets themselves. This process can take days or a couple weeks so don't do this at the last second. If you don't have your tickets or specific instructions on how to get them a few days before your trip, start emailing/calling them to followup.

November 26, 2018, 9:14 AM

I did some investigating and it looks like you will get your tickets emailed to you as an attachment. So you can print them out an you'll be good to go strait to the turnstiles when you arrive at Universal. I found it on the FAQ for their Universal Orlando tickets.

https://www.perkopolis.com/Universal-Orlando-Buy-2-Days-Get-2-Days-Free

November 26, 2018, 10:38 AM

I used a similar service called Tickets At Work when I went to Universal Orlando a few years ago, and Universal Hollywood in August. They're most likely legit, theme park discounts are super common for employee perks. And you can always put in on a credit card (not debit) so if you get to the parks and can't get in you're protected and can dispute it.

November 26, 2018, 10:46 AM

Tickets at Work is pretty good. I've heard lots of good experiences and good resolutions from them.

November 26, 2018, 12:13 PM

Thank you everyone. I have purchased merchandise from the site with the Credit card but the park tickets are fairly large purchase.

November 26, 2018, 1:03 PM

Yeah theme park tickets make good targets for credit card fraud. Fortunately you're doing the smart thing by asking questions and exploring options.

I hope you have fun. I'd love to hear how the trip went and what you and your family liked/disliked.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive