Photo Uploading ....

January 9, 2019, 10:36 AM

I suppose this is more aimed at you writers out there .... but .... I'd like to try and start to add a few photos to my reports, but I'm still on the fence as to which one of the photo-share sites is the best one. Do you have a preference ? and what on earth does "560 pixels wide" mean ? Is there a limit on the size of the file I can upload ?

My brain works in file size not pixels. Suppose I'm showing my age now .... LOL !!!

Thanks guys

Replies (1)

January 9, 2019, 10:55 AM

I don't upload photos to TPI. Instead, I link to a Flikr public photostream. I don't necessarily have an issue giving up my photo rights by uploading to TPI, but I think from a posterity perspective, I prefer to maintain control of my IP (and yes photos are your IP).

The "560 pixels wide" is an old term referring to the width and resolution of a photo. If you go into any photo editor, you can click on the details of the photo to see what the pixel width is, and most software will allow you to adjust it prior to uploading it (downscaling photos like this can frequently cause distortion though). Most cameras these days (even those built into cell phones) take pictures at a resolution 4-10 times greater than what Robert prefers, which is why embedding a link to a public photo stream is a better solution, which defaults the resolution shown on the page to the limits set by the site.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive