Common Things You've Never Done at Disney or Universal

April 12, 2019, 10:01 AM

I've been going to Disney and Universal parks for almost 50 years now, and I thought I had partaken of most of the common experiences. Things like visit every attraction or show in a park or try out the food in every restaurant in a park or stay in a Disney resort on the monorail line.

But it just dawned on me that I've never had a Dole Whip. In over 40 visits to Disney World, I've never had one, and I have no idea why this simple treat never comes to mind when I'm walking around Frontierland in the Magic Kingdom.

Anybody else fall into this category? I'm not necessarily talking about Dole Whips here but rides and attractions and foods that everybody else raves about and for some indeterminate reason you've missed out on them. What's your big or small repeatedly missed experience?

Replies (12)

April 12, 2019, 10:21 AM

Never have I ever purchased a photo pass pic.

April 12, 2019, 1:55 PM

TH, that is just smart.

April 12, 2019, 3:48 PM

I just had my first Dole Whip last month, after years of going to Disney.
I was sure missing out.

(Also, even though Epcot is my favorite park, I have never been to Journey into Imagination with Figment!)

April 12, 2019, 4:24 PM

I'm with you, Luke. After TDS, Epcot has become my favorite Disney park, but I've never managed to fit in The American Adventure on any of my visits.

April 12, 2019, 7:25 PM

The American Adventure is definitely worth taking the time for. The current Journey into Imagination, not so much. Luke, you'd be better off finding a YouTube video of the original circa 1988 :-)

I corrected a missed experience when I visited WDW last August. In 40-odd years worth of visits, I'd NEVER done Tom Sawyer Island. It was actually a really, really neat attraction that I wished I'd discovered sooner. I should have known, since Robert has been singing its praises for years :-)

April 12, 2019, 11:04 PM

Still haven't done American Adventure either!
I'll still go to Journey into Imagination next time solely out of curiosity, but I'll definitely check a pov of the original!

I went to Tom Sawyer's island for the first time this year! Even my mom who had once been a cast member had never been there. It is definitely one of the most beautiful locations in MK!

April 14, 2019, 1:02 AM

Pin trading. We were more of a penny presser family.

April 16, 2019, 5:53 PM

I don't believe I've ever been in the Hall of Presidents.

April 18, 2019, 7:36 AM

Parades. I enjoy them on youtube but when at the parks, we'd rather take advantage of less crowds at attrantions.

April 19, 2019, 11:09 AM

You gotta do American Adventure, I love it so much. The show and animatronics are still top notch. You can skip Figment though, it's crap.

April 20, 2019, 10:31 AM

The Hall of Presidents is always enjoyable. I try to see it every time I go to the Magic Kingdom. I'm going to work in the American Experience on my next visit to Epcot.

Something I don't get it is pin trading. Why?

April 21, 2019, 10:49 AM

I've never pooped in a bush, which is common in Shanghai. What do they use afterwards though??? I guess leaves or flowers.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive