Does Universal Orlando new property have the room to add another park & 2nd water park?

April 12, 2019, 5:25 PM

Just curious not to jump way ahead after what’s planned with the potential third park or 4th park counting volcano bay as the third park what could be in store for the rest of the newly acquired Universal Orlando Resort property which is about 570 acres. Is their room for a fifth park and a second water park or no? Because I talked to someone and they said they only have room to build the 4th park, hotels, restaurants, and citywalk but that’s it not enough space to add later on a fifth park and 2nd water park after Volcano Bay. Once the 4th park and hotels, citywalk is built I am not sure how much more room is left over for them to consider something else. I understand the current property that has Universal Studios Florida, Islands Of Adventure, Volcano Bay is much bigger than the new expansion property they just bought well in at the end of 2015 I should say. Am I am wrong?

Replies (4)

April 12, 2019, 11:05 PM

I love Volcano Bay, but was it enough of a hit to justify another themed water park?

Edited: April 12, 2019, 11:24 PM

The new property is about 2/3 the size of the current property if my estimation is correct, so I think they'd have room for either a second theme park or a waterpark in addition to Fantastic Worlds, hotels, and the new Citywalk. What they will choose to build, however, is anyone's guess, and it is far too early to even speculate on that.

April 13, 2019, 9:53 AM

Oh I just though once the fourth park is built Fantastic Worlds on the new property with new hotels and citywalk I though Universal Orlando only had like 10-15 acres left over to do whatever they want with it. That would mean not enough room to add a second theme park or water park. I’m not thinking that much ahead I was just curious what they would do and if they had any large big space left or not to build something else after Fantastic Worlds, Hotels, and CityWalk.

May 6, 2019, 5:01 PM

Sorry for doubleposting but is it possible if their is enough room to add a fifth Universal Orlando dry park and a second water park once fantastic worlds is built and the hotels are built plus the city walk? I don’t know how many acres they would have left over would it just be a little bit once all of that is done. I guess that would be phase 1. Is the new property like 500 acres?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive