I want to be an imagineer!

April 18, 2019, 8:21 AM

Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to share this in, but I don't know where else to go. So, i'm 16 (turning 17 in June) years old and I'm incoming my senior year in high school, so I've been thinking about my college options. Since I can remember, I've always wanted to be an imagineer. I have ideas, so many of them, for the park. I lean more towards the creative side, but I do have many problems with finding the proper school. See, I am not the best drawer, decent, yes, I can easily communicate my ideas through drawing, so one can say i'm fine at drawing, but I have seen what imagineers can do, and my drawings don't compare. Second, I don't know what course I should take, or what school I should go to. I feel like narrowing down my options to CalArts, UCLA, NYU, and UCI. I want a school where I can learn from people in the business and where I can meet like-minded people. Please help, I want this dream to come true more than most things.

Replies (2)

April 18, 2019, 10:08 AM

Those are good schools. If you can afford them and get into them, great! What do you want to study?

Just so I'm clear, what do you think you will be doing as an Imagineer?

April 18, 2019, 8:12 PM

You should also look into TEA NextGen. CalArts participates with TEA @ University Clubs. Not sure about the other schools you mentioned. Many schools have a TEA club of some sort, but even if they don't, you can always start one wherever you go.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive