Parks with Scenic Drives & Surroundings

April 20, 2019, 9:26 AM

Howdy y'all,

Our recent experience in Dollywood was heightened by the beautiful drive from Charlotte and our stunning Airbnb nestled in the Smoky Mountains.

What other parks feature scenic drives and/or surroundings that heighten the road trip experience? What highways do you take? What counties or towns do you stay in?

Replies (6)

Edited: April 22, 2019, 4:50 PM

Busch Gardens Williamsburg not only is the World's Most Beautiful Theme Park it is also a short drive to Colonial Williamsburg.

Also the 23 mile Colonial Parkway:
https://www.nps.gov/colo/parkway.htm

April 22, 2019, 10:11 PM

Alton Towers is in the middle of English woodland, and is restricted from building over treetop height so it can be quiet scenic.

As I took the shuttle bus from a nearby town, I couldn't tell you about the route though,

Edited: April 23, 2019, 9:00 AM

If you are looking for scenic drives and parks in beautiful locations, you can't do better than the following two parks:

1. Santa's Workshop in Cascade, Colorado just west of Colorado Springs, Colorado, where you drive through Ute Pass up onto the base of Pikes Peak to get to the park. If you continue on the road that Santa's Workshop is on, you will end up on the top of Pikes Peak. The park, while geared toward kids, has one of the best and best-maintained collections of classic rides. And the owner, Tom, is usually wandering the park in a yellow shirt.

2. Glenwood Springs Adventure Park in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. If you approach it from Denver (the closest major airport to it), you drive through Loveland Pass, Vail Pass, about 5 ski resorts close enough to the road to see the chair lifts and then have the last ten miles of the trek consumed by navigating the bottom of Glenwood Canyon. The park itself is set on a cliff that is accessed via a suspended cable car that gives spectacular views of both the Glenwood Springs valley as well as Glenwood Canyon. In addition to the park, the Glenwood Hot Springs and white water rafting through Glenwood Canyon are not to be missed.

April 23, 2019, 6:07 PM

Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio. OK, the drive there is nothing scenic (bordering on dreary) but once you turn onto the Cedar Point Causeway and see the park across Sandusky Bay- well, I've been going there since 1964, and it still makes my heart skip a bit. It is an amazing location. The park looks like the Emerald City (if the Emerald City was made up of roller coasters!).

And I second Jeff Elliott's opinion of Glenwood Springs.

April 23, 2019, 9:41 PM

Thanks for all the suggestions.

@Jeff - I especially appreciate your input. I likely would never have discovered those parks if I hadn't been planning on visiting those parts already.

April 24, 2019, 2:08 AM

Adlabs Imagica Water Park

Adlabs Imagica Water Park totally lives up to its name and offers its patrons 12 imaginative rides along with a lot of different attractions! This water park in Navi Mumbai is located at 68 kms away from Mumbai’s centre, and is known all over the country for the experience it offers. This makes it a must visit water Park in Mumbai for anyone who likes innovative water rides!

Where: Near Mumbai-Pune Expressway

How To Get Here:

Take your car along on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway

Or take the bus service offered by Imagica at your nearest bus stop or book a cab to pick you up from home. However, both services have to be booked on their website prior to your visit.

What We Love: Boomeranggo, Swirl Whirl, Floatsa, Raftaastic, Soakerz, Splash, and Loopy Whoopy.

What To Wear: Polyester or nylon swimsuits, you can also purchase swimwear inside the park.

Entry Fee:

Adult: Rs 899

College Student: Rs 799

Child: Rs 799

Timings: 10:30 AM to 7 PM

To know more great water parks in Mumbai, check here - https://www.popxo.com/2019/03/water-parks-in-mumbai-perfect-for-a-summer-day-out/

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive