Future for Marvel at Disneyland?

Edited: May 6, 2019, 10:34 AM

What does the future look like for Marvel at Disneyland? I know the land is scheduled to open next year. It will feature a new Spider-Man attraction. I’ve heard it will be more interactive, with new technology. What do you think the ride will be like?

What are attractions will the new land have? I’ve heard something with the Avengers. Will the whole land open next year, or just portions of it? What time of the year will it open next year? Will the land eventually feature Black Panther?

Replies (6)

May 4, 2019, 4:55 PM

From the bits and pieces I have heard:

-Marvel Land will be a two phase project. The first phase will open in 2020, with the second phase coming a couple years later (my best guess is 2022)
-The only new ride at opening will be the Spider-Man ride. This will be some sort of shooting dark ride, though exactly what ride system is unknown. Most popular speculation is Midway Mania system with a mix of screens. It will fit inside the theater formerly housing It's Tough to Be a Bug.
-The second attraction is the land's E-ticket, which will come as part of phase two. Whether this is a coaster, dark ride, or something else is unknown, but most speculation points toward a coaster/dark ride hybrid (think somewhere between Mummy and Gringotts). This will be Avengers themed, but which characters will feature is up in the air. It will be unique to DCA.
-The third ride in the land is Guardians of the Galaxy, which may receive some slight exterior modifications to fit the land.
-There will be at least one restaurant and one meet and greet in the land.
-Opening is TBD, but best guess is June 2020 for phase one.
-Black Panther may be incorporated into the Avengers attraction, but probably won't get his own ride. Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Ant-Man, and the Guardians will likely be the most prominent characters in the land.
-Complete rumor, but I've heard each land is not only a unique location but a unique time. California's is supposedly post-Endgame, so I'm guessing it won't feature characters who died or retired in that film (unless the E-ticket involves time travel).

All of the above should be taken as speculation only. The only thing officially confirmed about the land is that it will open in 2020 and will feature a Spider-Man attraction as its anchor. I suspect more will be revealed at D23 this year.

May 4, 2019, 5:33 PM

Thank you for all the information AJ. As far as the Guardians of the Galaxy ride, do you mean Mission Breakout!? Or, a completely new ride?

May 4, 2019, 6:25 PM

Mission: Breakout. That will be the land's official E-ticket until the new one is ready.

May 4, 2019, 8:54 PM

I see. Have you heard what type of ride the new Guardians of the Galaxy will be be?

May 5, 2019, 1:26 AM

There is no new Guardians of the Galaxy ride. It is Mission: Breakout, which is currently at the park. The only thing that may change about it is slight exterior modifications to fit the new area. Otherwise, it will be 100% identical to what has been there since 2017. The new ride is the Avengers E-ticket that is still a few years away, and I don't know anything more about it than what I posted above.

May 5, 2019, 8:17 AM

Thank you so much AJ

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive