Wifi at Disneyland

August 24, 2019, 8:38 AM

We will be visiting Disneyland in November and i'm just thinking about wifi for using the app,tickets and maxpass etc.

Being from the UK we want to avoid using our phone data, which I assume will cost squillions. I now have our tickets on the disneyland app, but obviously I need to be connected to the internet to open the app.

Is there good wifi at the entrance to the parks to access our tickets, and then around the parks for using maxpass, food ordering etc. ?

Thanks
Mike

Replies (5)

August 26, 2019, 8:55 AM

Hi Mike! Historically the wifi hasn't been consistent throughout the park, with decent service near the gates/esplanade and a virtually non-existent signal in certain corners of the park. However, I haven't been since October, so perhaps they've upgraded since then, since they've created so many new mobile experiences (mobile food ordering, Galaxy's Edge interactivity, etc.).

Also, I'll be there November 6-10, so if you happen to be there during that time, let's have a little TPI meetup!

Edited: August 27, 2019, 9:08 AM

Thanks for the info Clayton. I'm going to just miss you, we are there 17th to 20th Nov

August 27, 2019, 9:24 AM

Aw man! So close!

August 27, 2019, 11:09 AM

Hi Mike, My family was at WDW for easter, I know different park, and before we left Canada we checked with our cell phone provider regarding a hot spot. They suggested using an older smart phone we had at home, but no longer in use, and have a US provider put a new simm card in and use that. We were able to get a simm from AT&T , purchased a 10GB prepaid data bundle and had excellent wifi for the the 12 days that we were there. We did find that the phone wouldn't connect to the Verizon network, they suggested AT % T and it worked. The cost for this was less then burning data on our phones.

If you want to try this you will need to get the unlock code for old phone from your service provider at home before leaving. They also may be able to tell you which company in the states would be the best to try. It worked for our family and one of my friends does the same thing when he travels to Australia to visit his daughter there.

August 28, 2019, 12:50 PM

Thanks Vaughn, i'll look into that. I know when we went to WDW last time, we didn't have any trouble with wifi at all, just hoping it's as good at DL

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive