Theme Park Club

September 3, 2019, 12:06 PM

I'm starting a theme park club at my high school. I am looking for ideas of activities and videos, etc to do. I don't expect to draw a lot of theme park junkies, but I do hope it will be people who enjoy theme parks and are hoping to learn more about history and ride mechanics, for example.
Thanks!

Replies (1)

Edited: September 3, 2019, 1:32 PM

Grab some of those K'Nex sets for Ferris Wheels and Roller Coasters (do they still make those?) and get your physics teacher to talk you though how they work.

As for the history. I think Walt himself has some good stuff in his old Disneyland series. You could also watch the EPCOT film he did (although admittedly its NOT a theme park, but does tell you what the florida project was supposed to be).

Jim Korkis has some great books that could make excellent book club material (The Vault of Walt, etc).

For Universal, the book "Jaybangs!" (the name will make sense when you read it) is another great read. It talks not just of Universal parks, but IIRC gives a bit of context with the entertainement industry and Universals role in it.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive