Theme Park Craving

October 9, 2019, 3:38 PM

By virtue of being on this website, I can safely assume that we all love theme parks. However, such a passion is quite costly and can be hard for those who don’t live in theme park central stations such as Orlando or Los Angeles. Some (like me) don’t even have a theme park in their state beyond one dated ‘epic playground’ (to title this place an amusement park wouldn’t be appropriate) with a whopping total of two roller coasters in addition to various kiddie flat rides. What are your suggestions for alternatives if this was your scenario?

Replies (2)

October 10, 2019, 12:29 PM

Move to a region where there are more theme parks, or set aside more discretionary funds to take extra theme park trips each year. If theme parks are such a passion for you, there are plenty of regions where you can move to and be within easy driving distance of multiple theme parks.

It's not like we're living behind the Iron Curtain here, and metro areas around the United States are becoming more ubiquitous by the year in terms of jobs and lifestyles. Having lived in a major metropolitan region for my entire life, I could not see myself moving away from the advantages a big city provides.

October 11, 2019, 3:55 PM

Or just read AJ Hummel's trip reports and follow his advice. He seems to find the hidden gems in the out of the way places.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive