2020 Small Group Theme Park Tour Survey

Edited: November 9, 2019, 6:28 PM

Hello Theme Park Insiders!

If you've followed this site for a bit, you probably recognize me as one of the more regular posters here. Beyond that, you may also have read the lengthy trip reports I post each summer, detailing my travels to various regional parks scattered across the United States. Over the past few years, I've had the opportunity to visit nearly every decent sized park across the country, with many of those visits chronicled here.

For 2020, I am doing yet another large theme park road trip, but this time I'm opening it up to anyone who has interest in joining. This tour will begin in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, then travel east to New York city before turning south and ending in Washington, D.C. Along the way, stops will be made at Kennywood, Hersheypark, Knoebels, Playland, Nickelodeon Universe (and the American Dream Mall in general), Six Flags Great Adventure, and several seaside parks along the New Jersey and Maryland shores. Mixed in with the parks, the tour will also have a couple days for non-park sightseeing activities, particularly in the New York city area. For those looking to extend the trip, add-on options to Ohio (for Cedar Point and Kings Island) and Virginia (for Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Kings Dominion) will also be available.

At the moment, details are rough, but the plan is to do the tour in either July or August. The full tour will last 10-12 days, with each add-on option adding 2-3 additional days. Based on some rough estimates, the cost is likely going to be in the $2,000-2,500 range per person, which covers basic accommodations, park admissions, and all ground transportation costs (rentals, gas, parking). Airfare, meals, and anything extra is not included.

I know many of you are likely not even thinking about plans for next summer yet, but if the above sounds like something you might be interested in, please take a few minutes to complete a survey I created regarding the tour. On the form you will find more details, as well as additional information regarding a couple other tours I am looking into for the years beyond. Filling this out does not represent any commitment to join, it is only being used to gauge interest and tailor some aspects of the tour to appeal to the widest audience. I'm hoping to have final details available for the tour by the beginning of March.

If you've got any questions or comments, feel free to ask here or contact me directly via email (rcdude@cox.net), Facebook, or Twitter (both listed in my profile). I hope some here will find this appealing, and if not at least it will make for another interesting story next summer.

Replies (0)

No responses yet. Why not be the first to reply?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive