All I Want for Christmas is.....

December 24, 2019, 11:36 AM

If you could have one wish granted for anything theme park related, what would it be?

Replies (11)

December 24, 2019, 11:36 AM

A licensing agreement between the Tolkien Estate and NBC Universal for the theme park rights for The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit so I can see it go into the new Universal park in Orlando some day!

December 24, 2019, 4:52 PM

Someone taking the initiative to begin developing a TPI convention/meet-up event.

December 24, 2019, 6:04 PM

Tim -- great idea. Merry Christmas!

But, Tim, you also took my first thought -- LOTR at Universal. So...

Universal buys Warner Brothers or Paramount Pictures.

December 24, 2019, 8:39 PM

It's funny, because my number 1 wish for entertainment (break up Disney!) would actively hurt my theme park hobby. So I guess I'll say I wish for the Orlando arms race to continue well into the 2020s, and for Epic Universe to push Disney to further creative heights.

December 25, 2019, 4:55 PM

I wish Hard Rock Park was still there.

December 25, 2019, 7:10 PM

I wish for Universal Studios Europe so I don't need to travel to the US (and what Tim says).

December 25, 2019, 11:25 PM

I would love our American seasonal park operators to step their game up maintenance/upkeep/operations wise and not be so sh*tty. I don't know if its the tight labor market leading to looser hiring/rules, increased labor costs leading to less staff, or a mix of both, but Six Flags and Cedar Fair have been hugely disappointing the past few years.

December 26, 2019, 7:11 PM

A deal between Disney and Universal for the Marvel rights in Disney World.

December 28, 2019, 10:42 AM

I hope everybody had a great Christmas. Some good ideas here.

TH - We just hit the 20 year anniversary for the website. A TPI meetup is long overdue. You're in Orlando, aren't you?

OT - Universal Studios Europe - with everything on Universal Creative's agenda, this could be possible in about 15 years. Maybe they could build it in the new country of Catalonia.

DB - I've often wondered if Universal could get the theme park rights to LOTR and the the Hobbit if Universal bought Warner and the movie rights to the properties and then forced Tolkien to the table by trying to develop the concept without them.

the_man - The gap between the "haves" and the "have nots" just keeps getting bigger, doesn't it?

Jack H - Why? Universal gets a moral victory and Disney laughs all the way to the bank. This is better than a storyline in professional wrestling.

Tony - Hard Rock Park only gets better with time.

Edited: December 28, 2019, 6:49 PM

@Jack, what incentive does Universal have to do that? Marvel is raking in the dough for them. You wouldn't trade a dollar for a dime, right?

December 30, 2019, 10:29 AM

The question was my Christmas wish list, not what I think would actually happen. I would just like to see the Marvel IP get new attractions in my back yard like what is going in on the West Coast (that I can ill-afford to visit).

I totally agree with both @Tim Hillman and @James Trexen that it is not likely to happen.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive