Universal Orlando-2 parks, one day strategy?

August 9, 2014, 7:39 PM

My friend and I only have enough money/time to do universal in one day. Does anyone have a strategy we could use? We are worried we will run out of time with the new diagon alley. We know we want to start in Universal Studios, and then ride hogwarts express to IOA.

Replies (1)

August 10, 2014, 6:37 AM

With Diagon Alley opening you'll only be able to do Diagon Alley and some headline attractions over the course of a day. Probably the best advice is to go early and stay late. If you're going in the off season, you'll have a chance to cram a few more rides in, but short of staying on site or buying Express Pass, which your budget doesn't appear to allow, there's not a lot of options. Since the Gringott's lines are so long it may be best to just skip that for now. It seems like the largest crowds go to Diagon Alley first thing in the morning. So, it might be best to leave the visit for Diagon until later in the afternoon and ride Transformers, Despicable Me, Mummy, Simpsons early in the morning when their lines are shorter. Then get on the Hogwart's Express (Lines are shortest early & late in the day, longest in the middle of the day) and go to IOA. Visit Hogsmeade and ride Forbidden Journey and Dragon's Challenge. Then ride Jurassic Park, Dudley, Popeye, Spider Man, & Hulk. Then get back on the Hogwart's Express go back to the Studios. Spend a couple of hours in Diagon and if there's any time left over you can sample a few other Studio's attractions. But if you try to ride Gringott's that could take up to two to four hours of your time and make it pretty tough to do much else.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive