Theme Park Ticket Prices in 2023

February 14, 2020, 9:38 AM

In light of the news that Disney has upped its ticket prices (something of an annual tradition) I got to wondering what ticket prices might be in 2023 when Universal's Epic Universe of the Universe park opens to the public. Anyone care to venture a guess? $200? $200-plus?

Replies (3)

February 14, 2020, 10:01 AM

Considering that Orlando theme park tickets are hovering in the $130-150 range for a single day (single park), I don't see them getting all the way up to $200 over the next 3 years. That would be an increase of over 10% per year to get all the way up to that benchmark. I have little doubt that admission prices will continue to increase every single year, but the rate of increase will likely stabilize in the 3-5%/year range because of the diminishing returns seen during the massive increases implemented prior to the debut of Galaxy's Edge. I think we're close to the ceiling right now, and the economy is due to level off in the near term with average Americans having less disposable income, meaning higher admission prices will result in lower or flat attendance, which will not provide the desired increase in revenue that price increases are designed to spark.

Edited: February 14, 2020, 3:21 PM

@ Russell: So, using The Universe’s Universal’s Epic Universe of the Universe Theme Park as an example, how much would you guess it will cost a family of four (three adults and one child) to buy a single day’s admission to The Universe’s Universal’s Epic Universe of the Universe Theme Park in 2023.

February 14, 2020, 9:51 PM

My thoughts for 2023 ticket prices are that one day single park peak day tickets for Disney and Universal Orlando parks will be in the $170 range plus or minus $10 dollars (unless of an economic crisis). With the continuation of adding new attractions to the major Disney and Universal parks, I think that prices will only rise on a regular basis.

Even though I don’t like the price increases, as it was pointed out on a previous post, theme parks are a good value in the entertainment business for the amount of experiences you can have for the amount of time. A while back it was speculated that the $100 plateau for a one day ticket would be the breaking point and that has clearly not been the case.

In regards to Epic Universe specifically, I could see Universal creating a different ticket price structure for that park if not combined with a multi-day multi-park option. If you want to only visit Epic Universe I could see a one day peak time ticket price to be higher and may be close or at $200. I’m sure Universal will have good ticket deals that will encourage multi-day/multi-park purchases to help spread the attendance to Epic Universe, Islands of Adventure, and Universal Studios Florida that will greatly reduce the daily fee like all other multi tickets do.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive