Nintendo Theme Park Ideas

March 18, 2020, 7:55 PM

So, we've all heard the news: Universal Studios will be getting some Nintendo rides at a few of their theme parks. Don't get me wrong, this is awesome, particularly how it seems like we'll be getting a Mario Kart ride. That said, I can't help but think about one thing: you could easily make an entire theme park devoted to Nintendo, thanks to the many colorful and memorable franchises they have.

So, here's a chance to discuss that. What could you see in a Nintendo theme park? What sorts of attractions might there be? What stores or restaurants might populate the park?

I'll have some more detailed ideas later, but a few things I could see would be a Luigi's Mansion dark ride, a Wind Waker log flume ride, and an F-Zero roller coaster.

Replies (2)

March 19, 2020, 11:49 AM

Apart from the rumored Yoshi ride and the Donkey Kong attraction, I would love to see a small animal crossing dark ride. I'm not sure if Universal will use some of the other Nintendo IP's just because the GP might not necessarily know them. However that hasn't stopped Universal from trying to do their Classic Monsters land ( and that's decades old), so I'm sure people will enjoy what they build if its creative. Also, a Wind Waker water ride would be awesome, but hard to get right.

March 19, 2020, 4:44 PM

I could see that for Animal Crossing. A gentle dark ride or boat ride, weaving through a town with its citizens going around.

Yeah, Wind Waker could be challenging, but my mind goes straight to flume ride for it. Imagine your boat going through the Forsaken Fortress, following Link and Tetra as they face Ganon and his forces.

I'd love to see a Star Fox simulator ride, whether a more standard simulator or an interactive one like Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run. Metroid could also make for a good dark ride, either one like Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man or a shooter dark ride like Men in Black: Alien Attack.

Also, I'm not sure what would be a good attraction for WarioWare, but I could easily see Wario and his pals as the theme behind some carnival games.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive