Universal Orlando Future Attraction/Expansions

August 12, 2014, 9:39 AM

According to this article from Orlando Park News:fromhttp://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/08/universal-orlando-rumors-twister-and.html

We maybe seeing the removal of Twister very soon and then following that the complete renovation of Kidzone. Hopefully bye COMPLETE this wont happen to include E.T.

Replies (4)

August 12, 2014, 10:55 AM

The second half of ET needs to be updated. The "acid trip" scenes you pass by just distract from such a solid first half of the ride.

If I could offer a suggestion; instead of the acid trip alien planet scenes you pass by currently, I'd recommend the bikes drop back into the forest as government officials fire multiple rounds of bullets from their walkie talkies. The chase scene would conclude with E.T. returning to his spaceship and he was only able to call home thanks to Comcast Tv, Phone, and Internet service. Synergy right there.

August 12, 2014, 1:59 PM

+1 Court

I mentioned on the other thread that the missing part where E.T. calls your name can't bode well for it's future.

August 18, 2014, 10:07 PM

I've heard that Animal Actors and ET stays, everything behind is gone. Only thing about Twister I've heard is a show feature Jimmy Fallon and/or SNL.

My prediction is that Shrek will be flattened. The contract is expiring and the parks do not make 3D films that aren't part of a simulator anymore. Turn that plot into Super Silly Fun Land with the Woody Woodpecker coaster and you have a Despicable Me land for families. Kidzone can turn into Fast and the Furious ride, I'm thinking Test Track with 3D screens.

I think Twister is stuck there since major construction would shut down Rockit.

August 19, 2014, 8:22 PM

ET is not going anywhere. I believe Spielberg is still pissed about its departure from USH

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive