No Virtual Queue on Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

Edited: June 20, 2020, 3:34 PM

So Disney just told cast members that they will not be implementing the virtual queue system with the reopening of the parks. Not only do I wonder if the system will then be a “first come first serve” type of situation but, if this is true, then how will popular E- ticket attractions like ROTR manage this? If Disney places stickers on the ground for social distancing, then the queue for ROTR will be completely packed and have to go outside the entrance. You also have to deal with every single person at DHS rushing to ROTR in the morning to be the first in line. I assume that the whole queue won’t be able to fit the entire capacity of the park, so will people just hover around the entrance waiting to get a spot in line? Would Disney have to force people to spread out over galaxys edge so they can wait for a spot in line? I honestly feel like this is a bad idea if it’s true, but I wanted to bring it to you guys. Any thoughts?

Replies (6)

June 20, 2020, 2:34 PM

>>You also have to deal with every single person at DHS rushing to ROTR in the morning to be the first in line

Except with no out of towners, crowds are unliekly to be packed.

June 21, 2020, 12:52 PM

I don't get how Disney expects this to work. Rides like Gran Fiesta Tour and Buzz Lightyear have really small queues that don't allow much physical distancing.

June 21, 2020, 3:17 PM

@Chad H- That’s true. I guess we’ll just have to see how it’ll turn out when the parks reopen.

@James Trexen- Yeah with most of the attractions open at Epcot and MK, I don’t expect those parks to have much problems. It’s AK and DHS that I’m a bit worried about. DHS has almost all of its high capacity attractions closed, leaving with just the rides for the guests to go to. AK will be interesting too because everyone goes to Flight of Passage in the morning, but like Chad said, there may not be too many people at the parks for a while.

June 22, 2020, 3:53 PM

Update- the first couple days of reservations at Hollywood studios has been fully booked. All the other parks are still available. So there’s definitely demand for DHS but does anyone know what percent capacity Disney is doing for the parks?

Edited: June 23, 2020, 10:17 AM

The concern I would have with the lack of virtual queueing is for those attractions with extensive indoor queues and slow and/or periodic load times. Considering how unpredictable the performance of RotR was prior to the park's closing, I would be worried about getting stuck in the queue for an hour or more standing in the same spot. Even if you maintain social distancing in the queue, that's a very long exposure time in a confined interior space. Considering the theoretical studies of standing in an elevator with others, I wouldn't want to be within 12-15 feet of other people inside of an interior space for more than a couple minutes at a time if I had not already been exposed to the virus. If the lines are moving every 30-60 seconds, it's not too much of an issue, but if you're stuck in say the armory of the RotR queue for 45 minutes (a frequent occurrence), that could be a recipe for disaster.

June 23, 2020, 11:07 PM

It originally had virtual queue because of questions about the rides reliability, but if they have the bugs worked out there is no reason to have a virtual queue.

Also all virtual queue is is the old Disney Fastpass system without the option to wait in line. It's a stupid idea and IDK why Universal wants to institute it on a mass scale other than someoeone upstairs thinking its a good idea and surrounds themselves with yes men. If there are too few people there its stupid and if the park is crowded they can't handle the demand and it pisses everyone off.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive