Woody Woodpecker FunZone Replaced By American Pie Mini-Land

Edited: July 25, 2020, 8:33 PM

Universal has just announced that the Woody Woodpecker Funzone will be replaced by an American Pie mini-land, stating that the IP "will be a refreshing update for our youth, who will find the American Pie material to be much more relevant considering how quickly they mature these days."

The land will be similar to Disney's Ratatouille pavilion, featuring a restaurant serving desserts and beverages inspired by the films such as "Jim's warm apple pie" and "Stifler's special pale ale." The land's heart will be The American Shop, an eight-story American Pie-themed merchandise shop with a standard dark ride/junior coaster as its pre-show called American Pie Adventure. The ride will use ET animatronics with a paint job to tell a book-report version of the film's four direct-to-video sequels.

For fans of the Woody Woodpecker FunZone, don't worry - Universal Creative has decided that Woody Woodpecker is just sexually suggestive enough to stay the mascot of the land.

What's your take on this fake news report?

Replies (2)

July 25, 2020, 8:34 PM

PS: I find the fakest thing about this to be the fact Universal would make a screen-less dark ride!

July 31, 2020, 4:19 AM

I can see why I never come here.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive