Great Vacation Moments….

September 18, 2020, 1:14 PM

Great Vacation Moments….

With us being on forever lock-down, we should share a few past great vacation moments you will never forget. This can be any vacation moment or activity not just Theme Park related.

Gallagher's Steakhouse, Las Vegas – We had one of the best meals here. Dry-Aged New York Strip. It was 15 years ago, and I still remember it.

First time walking down Main St USA and seeing the castle. I was about 38 years old when I first visited Orlando and I could not stop looking at the castle, it almost looked fake.

Riding Hulk for the first time. Hard to explain that spectacular launch. I was a bit scared since I had not been on an adult coaster in years. Now it is one of my favorites.

Replies (4)

September 18, 2020, 1:48 PM

I wouldn't consider this a "great" moment but I remember I wanted my little cousin to go on Rockin Roller Coaster so badly. She enjoys coasters but not anything with inversions or high up. I tricked her into going on it with me and told her that it doesn't have loops and that it just goes really fast. Needless to say she was furious with me but I had a lot of fun.
There was also another time where I went on expedition everest by myself and noticed there was this 10 year old kid in line in front of me alone. Since I was alone too (I was 15 at the time so it was okay) I talked to him and we ended up riding together. He told me that he had never ridden in the front row before so I asked the CM for the front and we got it. What I'll never forget though was that we got stuck on the lift hill for a good ten minutes overlooking the entire park at 9pm. We could see all the lights throughout the park and the nighttime sky.

Edited: October 1, 2020, 12:37 AM

There are lot of vacations moment that we will never forget. But we are missing these days after a long pandemic lock-down. These days I'm planing to go for camping with my family so I have purchased some camping gear and accessories by using discount code.

October 1, 2020, 3:28 PM

One of my most memorable vacation moments was finally getting on The Smiler. This coaster had intrigued me for years and I must admit that after the horrendous crash which resulted in two leg amputations, it held a certain ghoulish fascination for me. The thought of riding a coaster with 14 inversions was especially intriguing so when I got to the head of the queue I was really pumped. And when the ride ended I just had to smile about having conquered something which had been on my bucket list for so long.

October 2, 2020, 12:29 AM

God, so many...

Very first time in WDW, so bright and amazing and wow in 1984 to a little nine-year old kid.

1990, first time at MGM Studios, Star Tours just opened, fantastic experience.

1999: Hot but holy cow, Rock N Roller Coaster, Pooh and Buzz Lightyear, Animal Kingdom Asia, Test Track, Fastpass, DisneyQuest, it was astounding.

2004: Amazing family trip with my brother's kids getting into it.

2012: a few days at WDW then both Universal parks, astounding experience.

Just scores more abounding as hard to find a truly bad Disney trip and loved them all.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive