Disney Parks Internationally

October 11, 2020, 12:05 PM

There are many great Disney rides world wide. I’ve visited both Disneyland, and Disney World many times. But I haven’t had the opportunity to visit all the Disney parks outside of the United States. The only one I’ve had the chance to visit is Disneyland Paris. My question is this: If you could take any Disney rides from overseas, and insert them into the Disneyland Resort, which ones would they be an why?

Replies (11)

October 11, 2020, 12:26 PM

Mystic Manor, Shanghai Pirates, and Journey to the Center of the Earth

October 11, 2020, 12:39 PM

@Postcotf would you replace the original Pirates with Shanghai’s Pirates? Also, would you replace the Haunted Mansion with Mystic Manor?

October 11, 2020, 2:52 PM

Haven’t been to any international parks but I’d give anything for Mystic Manor in an area themed to the Amazon in Animal Kingdom

October 11, 2020, 3:59 PM

@Timbo-

As a hypothetical situation based just upon my decision, I'd choose those three attractions. However, if I'd have to decide where they would go and get more specific on my decision, I'd take back the three rides I said. Theres no place to put those rides without demolishing pre-existing rides. While I do believe that Shanghai pirates is better than the original version of the ride, I wouldn't take out the original Pirates from DL. Both haunted mansion and pirates have a certain charm that neither mystic manor or shanghai pirates have.

October 11, 2020, 9:50 PM

Thinking about what would work best and make logical sense at the Disneyland Resort (not just dropping the best attractions in there)...

-Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast (Tokyo Disneyland): This would replace Autopia, Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage (if necessary), and portions of the Disneyland Monorail. Fantasyland could really benefit from a modern E-ticket ride, and this one looks like the perfect fit for the land as it meshes nicely with the existing attractions and is tame enough for everyone.

-Sindbad's Storybook Voyage (Tokyo DisneySea): This would go into Adventureland and replace the Jungle Cruise. Some would call such a move blasphemy, but Jungle Cruise is an old, tired attraction that doesn't have the same appeal to modern audiences as it had to those of previous generations. This replacement would give Adventureland another E-ticket that has broad audience appeal the same way Jungle Cruise does.

-Remy's Ratatouille Adventure (Walt Disney Studios): This would replace Goofy's Sky School and surrounding attractions as an expansion of Pixar Pier. DCA seems to be Disney's Pixar Park, and Ratatouille has no representation in the park so this would be a good fit. Plus, it would give DCA its own trackless dark ride.

-Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars (Hong Kong Disneyland): This would replace Redwood Creek Challenge Trail and Little Mermaid. DCA deserves a proper family coaster, and this one is thematically a great fit. I doubt the area I've selected is actually large enough for a clone, but a smaller version would be an acceptable compromise.

-Monsters Inc. Ride and Go Seek (Tokyo Disneyland): This would be a simple replacement of DCA's existing ride with a superior version.

Honestly, I can't think of anything else that would make logical sense to clone at the Disneyland Resort. Most of the more famous international attractions (including almost all of the headliners) are either too similar thematically to existing attractions at the resort or would be a weaker fit than whatever would need to be removed to make space for them.

October 11, 2020, 9:54 PM

Mystic Manor, Shanghai version of Pirates, TDS Tower of Terror, Big Grizzly Mine Cars, Pooh's Honey Hunt, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril.

Edited: October 12, 2020, 4:20 PM

Woah woah woah, and @MlkeW why would you choose Temple of Peril

October 11, 2020, 11:14 PM

I've been to all the Disney Parks around the world and DLR more times than i'd like to admit and have to say there are zero attractions from international parks I think should be cloned for DLR. I think it makes sense for Toontown to get Runaway Railway, and because of the massive cost of developing everything it makes sense to have the same rides for Star Wars land, but beyond that I would like to see DLR get things that are unique to that property. I'm really glad DHS didn't get the Cars ride like they were rumored to, I feel like DLR has to have some sort of modern unique major attraction.

Also...Sinbad replace Jungle Cruise? Are you high?

Edited: October 12, 2020, 8:58 PM

Going around the horn at Disneyland:

Adventureland
-Add the temple with projection mapping on the Jungle Cruise from TDL to the Jungle Cruise.
-Add Mystic Manor from HKDL and place it next to Indiana Jones Adventure. Between Indy and MM, they’d be a nice 1-2 punch of Disney’s best ever dark rides.

New Orleans Square
-No additions/changes

Critter Country
-Replace The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh with Pooh’s Hunny Hunt from TDL.

Frontierland
-No additions/changes

Fantasyland
-Replace Peter Pan’s Flight with Peter Pan’s Flight from SDL.
-Replace Snow White’s Scary Adventures with Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs from DLP with the happy ending.
-Replace Fantasyland Theater with Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast from TDL.
-Replace Storybook Canal Boats with Voyage to the Crystal Grotto from SDL.
-Move Little Mermaid dark ride from DCA and add Mermaid Lagoon from TDS and place them behind the Matterhorn and next to it’s a small world as a part of a Mt. Prometheus addition to a new land, Discovery Bay.

Discovery Bay (new land)
-Replace the Nemo Subs, monorail track and Autopia with Mt. Prometheus/JttCotE/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea from TDS.

Tomorrowland
-Replace Astro Orbiter with the Jet Packs from SDL and place it on a new age looking podium at the entrance to Tomorrowland.
-Replace Star Wars Launch Bay and the existing empty podium in the middle of Tomorrowland with TRON Lightcycle Run from SDL.

October 13, 2020, 2:17 PM

@KeithSchneider, I love all of your ideas! I already love Disneyland, but that would make it the greatest resort in the world, even surpassing Tokyo Disneyland.

October 18, 2020, 6:15 PM

What? Temple of Peril looks like a fun coaster.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive