What Gen Z think of Theme Parks

February 27, 2021, 4:44 AM

Hi Everyone, my name is Maddy and I'm researching immersive worlds and Themed Entertainments, I'm specifically interested in the theory and psychology of immersive experience design and immersive technology as a novelty.

I live near Alton Towers in the UK and my favourite theme park is Fuji-Q Highland in Japan, I've been twice and the roller coasters there are nothing like we have in England, they felt never-ending! I'm also a huge fan of Tokyo Disneyland!

Anyway, I'm currently researching whether generational differences affect theme park experiences and how Gen Z's (born 1996 - 2012) upbringing with technology alongside the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting their perceptions of Theme Parks.

I'm looking for people of all ages to fill out this questionnaire, I'd really appreciate any of your insights, from reading other threads on this site I highly value everyone's knowledge, passion and expertise on the subject.

Thank you so much for reading this! Stay safe and have a great day,

The link is here if anyone can spare 5-10 minutes:
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=7qe9Z4D970GskTWEGCkKHslrxOyKjwdEmrnTheWmRLlUNDFDVlo4VFMyMUVGSE5TTE1BQjVXNEtHMy4u

Replies (5)

March 5, 2021, 10:45 AM

Excellent survey! I hope you publish your results. Definitely the most interesting survey I've taken in a while and much better than the garbage Six Flags sends out every time I visit. Thank you!

March 8, 2021, 2:33 PM

I have a 17 year old and a 13 year old who can't imagine not coming with us on our annual WDW trips. I'll have them fill it out.

March 9, 2021, 1:36 AM

Thank you so much! It is a fascinating study, theme parks are such an important form of entertainment to many people but they're not taken very seriously in academic studies. I truly appreciate all the respondents I can get.

April 14, 2021, 7:13 AM

I tried to take the survey, but I had trouble with the link is there any way it could be published again?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive