Is this the last we will ever see of these classic Universal Orlando attractions?

Edited: May 30, 2021, 8:26 PM

Unfortunately I read Robert Zemeckis director of all 3 Back to the Future movies said their will never be a sequel or a reboot to Back to the Future as long as I’m alive. I thought he was joking at first but I can understand if they never reboot it but he is also blocking all attempts from another director to make a back to the future movie I’m not sure if that’s a little selfish or not. I know the movies are classics but why not a spin off or a prequel I think a new one would be great with today’s technology, but it doesn’t mean a new ride could never comeback to universal Orlando like ET it’s a classic and the ride is still at Universal Studios Florida. I understand Spielberg would have a fit if they shut down ET because their is like a contract but if that classic attraction is around why can’t more comeback? Jaws another classic iconic movie the sequels don’t live up to the first one. Earthquake was alright but cool attraction. Twister a classic. King Kong you know I’ve never been on Reign Of Kong but it doesn’t look like it lives up to the expectations as it’s older version Kongfrontation I really think Universal Orlando has really done way to much with screen based attractions and 3D glasses type rides I think the King Kong ride would’ve been much better if Universal took their time creating and designing the attraction plus their Kong is still in the movie theaters under a different studio Warner Brothers it’s a shame Kong wasn’t saved for like Epic Universe a Godzilla and Kong ride would be awesome! That’s all just think the classic attractions would attract more universal guests for more years and a new generation.

Replies (1)

May 30, 2021, 9:42 PM

About Kong, the 2005 remake for which the newest ride is based is the only Kong film produced by Universal. The character is in the public domain and the newest series licensed Godzilla from Toho, which expired so that new series might be dead.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive