The final straw.

July 6, 2021, 9:06 AM

Today disney Land Psris announced that there free fast pass service would end. Instead we have an 8 euro rip off PER RIDE for a 30 min queue advantage (more or less don't come at me). I mean this is clearly just them trying to get money. What do you think? Ticket prices for disney parks have drastically increased since dismey land opened. What a shame.

Replies (11)

July 6, 2021, 9:50 AM

Disneyland Paris offers an optional premium service that allows a select portion of their customers to enhance the experience of visiting the theme parks, and this is the last straw?

Yes, this is Disney trying to improve their revenue streams. They are a business, and they have to make a profit so they can offer us more products (movies, theme park resorts, etc.) that we enjoy. Why is this a shame?

I don't see the problem here unless by the last straw you mean they are going to make us use those awful paper straws that dissolve in 5 minutes and make you feel like you're drinking your soda through a paper towel. Now, that's something to get upset about.

July 6, 2021, 1:59 PM

It was brilliant when visiting dismey land paris to get free fast passes! It mad e the experience even more magical. Taking this away seems like a desperate grab for money. In my opinion

July 6, 2021, 1:59 PM

It was brilliant when visiting dismey land paris to get free fast passes! It mad e the experience even more magical. Taking this away seems like a desperate grab for money. In my opinion

July 7, 2021, 11:00 AM

Great Rage messages...

Misspelled words and punctuation- I can almost see the steam coming out of ThemeParkMad ears... Keyboard smashed, server letters no longer work..

hahahaahaha

July 8, 2021, 9:23 AM

Found a kindred spirit, eh Brian?

Good to see you're still around. You've been somewhat quiet since the evil orange man doesn't torment you anymore.

July 8, 2021, 10:34 AM

I have been here Tim. Just so happy and have been celebrating for months now.

But as you know in August trumpleforeskin will be reinstated according to the Pillow Guy... Maybe it is time for the GOP to have another Jan 6th riot at the US Capitol... hahahahaha

July 8, 2021, 12:43 PM

Once more, have to quote David Koeing: "Everyone knows Disney is a business. They just hate it when it acts like one."

Edited: July 11, 2021, 5:25 AM

This is not a corporate nor chareholders fan-site, people, this is a customer focussed site under the sole redactional 'rule' of Robert Niles. (Critical reviews)
Customers are in no way "working for the benefit of the stockholders".
Customers are exclusively entitled to bring their customers viewpoint on the topics, and the contribution of Themaparkmad is such an honorable viewpoint.

July 11, 2021, 2:43 PM

Thanks so much!I think this is a discussion for consumers not biased disney stock holders :) But yeah I do just think that disney is now aiming at a higher class and the lower class and even middle class is loosing its perks increasingly!

July 12, 2021, 1:30 PM

Yes they are a business and can do what they want. If I don’t like it, I will go elsewhere, which is exactly what I have done. We used to visit about every 16 months. FP+ ran us off. To Universal to be honest because of the Unlimited Express Pass. However, the system in DL is still pretty good. I am not going to a theme park and only ride five or six attractions. I just won’t do it. We were at a six flags park last week, and it was pretty miserable, but it was $30 a person. Not spending hundreds to stand in line and look at my phone all day or have a vacation pre-planned down to the minute.

I don’t know what to think of the DLP system. It sounds stupid, but it may be better than the horrible FP+. A pay per ride seems pretty short sighted and may have consumer relation problems. The best would be an upcharge system similar to Universal but one that IS NOT used unless the lines get a certain length. The bottom line is the tiered 30-60 day FP+ has got to go. Having nothing is better that it, and the pandemic has proven it and has given them an excuse to save face and ditch it.

Edited: August 6, 2021, 5:26 PM

I belive disney managment just missed a Golden oportunity to improve it's vacation Quality. Capped attedance numbers ( controlled access to parks) with increased Disney hotel guests benefits ( free parking everywhere, andvaced dinning reservaciones, free Magic bands, free memory maker. Extended hours at the parks, automátic discounts at shopping or food, etc. Would mean more people coming for the bubble and compensating for less people at the gates. That means less employees and expensas and better client satisfaction. Yep. Good bye fastpass and hello better regular lines ( not so long ) and more fluid trough the parks. Less Psycho planning ( about the scope of normandy beach landing d day this days), I would Gladly pay a bit more for that actually.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive