Disneys metaverse!

July 13, 2021, 9:19 AM

So, Disney has hinted that it will be adding a 'metaverse' in its parks. I really don't have much to say about it other than a couple of Snapchat filters which change the look of the castle in a shockingly bad way, looks horrible. I really want to know what you think!!!! P.S: my Disney threads are predominantly negative however I do love disney! And I am just piking out the things I dislike :)

Replies (5)

July 13, 2021, 9:19 AM

*picking

Edited: July 13, 2021, 11:58 AM

Darn it! Until you put your correction up there Themeparkmad, my brain had filled in "puking" for the typo.

And you know you can go back and edit out the typos and misspellings in your original post so smarta***s can't mess with you. Not that anybody on this site would do that. ;)

And while you're at it, maybe you can provide some more info as to what the metaverse consists of and why is it so offensive to you. I know that in today's hypersensitive environment some things like "Trump 2024" and "Fox News is #1 in Cable News" send some people into a fit of apoplexy, but those issues are self-explanatory. In this case, you need to add some meat to the issue so we all have an idea of what the basis of the discussion is to be.

July 14, 2021, 1:31 AM

I think disney should just stay original. Adding technological experiences will just ruin the magic, people looking at a beautiful park through the lenses of their camera! The issue is is that disney has tried to implement a metaverse (is trying to) and I think it just won't turn out right! Hope that's some more info Tim.

July 14, 2021, 1:31 AM

I think disney should just stay original. Adding technological experiences will just ruin the magic, people looking at a beautiful park through the lenses of their camera! The issue is is that disney has tried to implement a metaverse (is trying to) and I think it just won't turn out right! Hope that's some more info Tim.

July 14, 2021, 7:11 AM

Adding technological experiences is part and parcel of how magical experiences are brought to life. That’s just as true now as it was 56 years ago.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive