RIP at a Theme Park.

July 28, 2021, 3:22 PM

Keep an open mind now while reading this.

So let me explain. People in the past have taken Ashes of cremated family members to places like Disney and Vegas.
And illegally spread them around.

So why not build a building for that purpose, a place where one can put the Interment of Ashes. It might sound a bit crazy at first, but I bet it would be popular. Disney already has things like bricks and walls with names on it.

They could build a huge building somewhere like the vast area where Richard Petty driving experience was located. Each section will have a small chambers where you can put the aches in an approved Disney Themed container. They can rows of walls full of folks spending eternity at the place they love, legally.

Plus, just think if you want to visit Grandpa, you end up taking a trip to Disney. One must remember places like Disney are businesses trying to make monies. Why not give folks an option to spend a bit more money at Disney on their way out.

Replies (8)

July 28, 2021, 4:53 PM

Great idea. Here in Florida we have something like that. They're called cemeteries.

July 28, 2021, 6:13 PM

That's pretty morbid, dang.

If you think about it, I'm sure there's way more than 999 haunts in the Haunted Mansion lol

July 30, 2021, 10:06 AM

Agree with TH. There are places for that. Keep your mortuary dust out of my fairy dust.

July 30, 2021, 2:27 PM

Yeah, I have to agree, this is a bit morbid. Heck, I thought about having it done myself but then realizing having my remains scattered where kids are trying to have fun is, at best, tacky. So, no, no need to have a big reminder of death in such a wonderful celebration of life.

July 30, 2021, 2:49 PM

How do I not get this? Some one explain!!!

Edited: July 30, 2021, 8:05 PM

MikeW That is my point. Folks try and do it anyway.

So why not have a nice respectable building like where the race track was, away from everything.

Yes we need to celebrate but also be reminded to enjoy every day, every trip.

July 31, 2021, 9:21 AM

Morbid it may be, but Brian may be on to something. It could be another revenue stream for Disney.

I'm sure there's a bad pun in here somewhere, but all I can think of is the mortuary scene in The Big Lebowski - Walter: "Look, just because we're bereaved that doesn't make us saps!"

July 31, 2021, 9:58 PM

The first thing I thought of when reading this was the scene in Office Space where the guy talks about the jump to conclusions mat, and Michael/Zamir's reaction to it (which is my reaction to this idea).

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive