50th Anniversary

July 29, 2021, 5:57 PM

Can someone bring me up to date on what rides/attractions are planned for Disney’s 50th anniversary? When are they opening, and what are the dates? Thank you in advance.

Replies (4)

July 31, 2021, 8:17 AM

Can anyone help me out?

Edited: July 31, 2021, 2:10 PM

The only new ride is Ratatouille at Epcot on the first.
Both parks will be premiering new firework shows.
Other than that, details of 50th anniversary ‘extras’ are sketchy to say the least.

The castle is, I think, fully decorated for the celebration, and there are supposedly going to be gold figurines dotted around the park(s?) of the Disney characters.

MK on the first is still a hot ticket, with a lot of people taking other park reservations in the hope of park hopping at 2. The speed the reservations go when Disney drops more, suggests to me there will be no park hopping on that day. We will only find that out as we get closer to October 1st.

I have a MK res for the 1st and Epcot on the 2nd. I expect it to be absolutely manic, but just to say I was there for the 50th anniversary will be pretty cool. I’m hoping to get a breakfast booking at the Contemporary, so I can park there, but with resort guests getting 1st dibs at 60 days, plus max 10 for length of stay, they most probably have all gone by now. I’ll find out Monday at 5:45am … LOL :)

July 31, 2021, 3:05 PM

Thanks!

July 31, 2021, 5:31 PM

Thank you!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive