They Tease Us with Vacations

Edited: September 17, 2021, 3:45 AM

Every damn week, I get emails from Alamo, Avis, Universal Orlando, Marriot, SouthWest Airlines, Disney Tweets - Its a Great big beautiful Tomorrow.

Not sure how much more I can take…

Would love to hit Orlando but with Florida Virus mismanagement and DeSantis basically saying Let them eat cake, we refuse to go.

This sucks since we have $1,000 dollars in Southwest
travel funds just sitting there waiting to be used. (We canceled a trip in May of 2020)… Still waiting…

I wonder what those 1/2 pound cookies are like at Disney Springs....

Not to mention 116 vacation hours banked...

Someday.....

Replies (7)

September 16, 2021, 3:46 PM

As much as it might suck I'm sure if you keep saving and go once Tron and Cosmic Rewind open, alongside Icebreaker and Iron Gwazi, then the trip would be so much better. Those coasters, Harmonious, hopefully the play Pavillion. Maybe a summer 2022 trip would be a better option than a winter 2021 trip?

So maybe waiting a little longer can be more of an exciting buildup?

Edited: September 17, 2021, 10:20 AM

Yeah, De Santis' attitude is baffling. The whole Florida economy basically rests on tourism, but he refuses to reverse course on his disastrous policies.
How many potential visitors are now being scared away from Florida? We're hoping to be able to go to WDW in Fall 2022, but we will change our plans if the situation in Florida doesn't improve. I'm sure we're far from the only ones.

September 18, 2021, 2:17 AM

I've yet to see Politico offer an apology for the "how Ron DeSantis won the pandemic" article from March...

My mom still wants to take grandkids to WDW and damn, I'd love to go for all the 50th-anniversary stuff but it's just....not good now.

September 25, 2021, 3:59 AM

If you're actually seeing marketing emails you're living life wrong, one of the greatest gifts of the internet is the auto forward to junk feature.

September 25, 2021, 9:36 AM

Florida is getting better, Brian. The COVID-19 numbers are trending down, so our dumpster fire is getting smaller. Still a mess, but at least the health care system isn't critically overstressed like it was in August.

As far as Govenor DeSantis goes, he's probably going to come out of this smelling like a rose. He's up for re-election in 2022, but things will have calmed down enough with the Delta variant by then to ensure his re-election even though his future opponent is eating his lunch right now and scoring major points against his baffling policies. And if another varaiant pops up, why he has the solution with his promotion of the monoclonal antibody treatment centers even though the vaccines, which for some odd reason he doesn't promote, costs 100X less than antibody treatments, and are FDA approved instead of being still under emergency use authorization, and are going to keep most people with breakthrough infections out of the hospital and funeral home. {sigh}

September 27, 2021, 10:30 AM

The-Man - I like to see specials from SW airiness and Alamo.. So I keep those coming.

Plus if you turn off Southwest emails you might miss a flight change or time change... Just saying...

This happened once where the changed our flights and Put my child on a different flight, then when I double checking the flights they said they e-mailed us the changes.....arrrgggg....
I made them fix it so we were all on the same damn flight.

September 27, 2021, 10:48 AM

All you DeSantis haters, you’re right, you should definitely stay away from Florida. It’s a train wreck here! Fire and brimstone are coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Earthquakes, volcanoes...Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!
(Chuckle)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive