Preventing heat rash from walking around the parks

February 15, 2023, 12:09 PM

I’m about to spend three days at Orlando parks next month, and I’d love to prevent something that happens every time I walk the parks on a hot day in Florida: a heat rash on my lower legs. It can be such a bummer! I’ve tried sunscreen, socks with athletic shoes, etc. Any ideas would be helpful!

Replies (5)

February 15, 2023, 4:15 PM

Cotton is your friend when it comes to that! Avoid synthetic clothing and get some nice cotton shorts not to tight as well. If you do get a rash I use Aloette's visible aid cream before going to bed and typically all good by the morning.

February 16, 2023, 1:45 AM

Cotton and aloe a good combo.

February 16, 2023, 9:22 AM

Aloe - good idea to have it on hand!

February 17, 2023, 12:52 PM

The good 'ol "Disney Rash", a.k.a., "Golfer's Rash",and officially known as exercise-induced vasculitis. Its a combination of being out in a hot sun while on your feet all day.

Here are some things you can try:

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/disney-rash?scrlybrkr=41624b35#treatment

For me, the rash looks much more painful than it really is so I don't do much, and after a couple of days away from Disney, it clears up on its own.

February 28, 2023, 11:36 AM

There is a product called "Chub Rub" which is like a deodorant-style stick that you apply to your....parts that...well....rub! We used it on our last trip to WDW and it does what it advertises with a smooth, frictionless glide!

But I have gotten as TwoBits mentioned..."The Disney Rash". It went from my ankles to my knees and looked horrible, but was actually painless. I need to exercise more :D

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive