Tron Lightcycle

February 17, 2023, 8:22 AM

Un, yea, Those seats…..

I just watched a video ‘While Working’ on attractions magazine on loading and getting into said seats…. It is a real good explanation on those seat.

I think Disney made some mistakes with this design. The thing
I do not like is the bar over your back\calf\wherever is lands on different body sizes.

Pandora Seats are fine but that back of the leg bar is weird on this new attraction.

Replies (6)

February 17, 2023, 8:29 AM

It's very similar to Pony Express at Knott's, and as you note almost the same as FoP at DAK. I think what's taking people by surprise is that it's singling out guests with different shapes than normally get rejected on other roller coasters. Guests can't simply lift up their belly to accommodate a lap bar here so those with a little more around the middle are having trouble. The surprising aspect here is that guests with bigger calves and legs are having issues too, which aside from B&M fliers is rarely a part of the body that prevents a guest from riding.

February 17, 2023, 9:48 AM

Well, there are Two back row seats for those who can't fit comfortably...

But as you are aware of Disney popularity for new attractions, Imaging the wait times for that coveted back row...

February 17, 2023, 12:29 PM

My guess is that CMs won't be letting guests queue specifically for the back row unless they need special accommodations. FWIW, Disney does typically let guests queue for specific seats on coasters, but you are forced to wait at least a full cycle and only if there's room on the loading platform - many of the coasters have a small space for guests queueing for the front and back rows to stand, but that space is usually not big enough for more than 2 or 3 groups.

February 17, 2023, 1:36 PM

I am wondering if Disney did not account for the more "robust" bodies of the American market with a ride first introduced in an Asian market where parkgoers are likely more fit. Can anyone verify that the ride vehicles of the two versions are exactly the same size?

Edited: February 17, 2023, 6:02 PM

Any problems with MK's version will become very apparent after 4/4. CMs and passholders during their previews will be more likely to try the test seat. I know I will.
But once the masses arrive, even with the VQ, it'll be madness and mayhem, and people of all shapes and sizes will wing-it, with a hope for the best attitude, when they try and sit on the ride vehicle.

It's not going to be pretty.

Rumor is, there will be a separate line for the back seats. But we'll wait and see on that one.

February 17, 2023, 11:56 PM

The ride runs seven trains at a time and three of them have wheelchair transfer seats. The wheelchair transfer seats were not put on the ride for big people, they were put on the ride for people with mobility issues so they can transfer into the seat easier (the side of the vehicle opens up just like other Disney coasters). The wheelchair transfer seat has become the de-facto seat for those that don't fit on the bike.

Sadly yes there are a ton of people not fitting on the bikes and there is always an extra wait, sometimes a long wait, for the transfer seats. TBH if Disney knew how big of a problem this was going to be they would have just gotten the wheelchair transfer seats on all of the trains obviously it must not be a problem in China.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive