Disneyland Trip 2023 report

March 12, 2023, 10:55 AM

So just got back from a great trip to Disneyland with my sister, her husband and their four year old son. We got there Tuesday afternoon to check into Disneyland hotel and some swimming in the great pool there. Tried for a meal at Terrace but they had oven problems so a burger at Black Tap Grill at Downtown Disney.

Wednesday was Magic Kingdom, monorail for early entry, did Rise of Resistance first and a few rides. Then, my sister popped for the VIP tour so that meant Lightning Lane to get onto scores of rides fast, all the big ones there. Then, saw the fun parade before heading to California Adventure for a big big ones of Radiator Springs, Guardians, Web-Slingers and others. Then back to Magic Kingdom for a few more.

Thursday, I started on my own at DCA for Radiator Springs and others before they joined me for some of the "kid rides" for my nephew. Plan had been for Goofy's Kitchen brunch but realized a funny thing: While my nephew likes seeing characters, he doesn't like meeting them so we skipped it for rides. Then to MK for a tour of Walt's apartment, railroad and others before back to DCA for a few more (MK was closing early that night for an event). Had tried for Web-Slingers again but it was closed down for technical issues all night.

Friday was a bit of an annoyance of heavy rain in the area, meaning Alice in Wonderland and Canal Boats (two rides my sister wanted my nephew on) were closed all day. Interesting, so many more open like Autopia, Dumbo and such. Still worked in a lot like Tiki Room and such. Then DCA with Web Slingers twice (my nephew loved that) and a few others. They went back to hotel and I went to MK for a few others. Rise of Resistance was some hiccups near 10 pm but thankfully got on in time.

Then Saturday just a bit around hotel and shopping at Downtown Disney before heading home. Overall, an amazing trip, I don't get the hate for Galaxy's Edge as that was a great experience and just overall a wonderful time.

Replies (3)

March 14, 2023, 12:59 PM

Thanks for writing.... Glad you had a nice time.

March 14, 2023, 1:47 PM

My sister had planned this around my nephew's birthday and hoping to get the new Toontown in only for that delayed. Still, despite rough rainy day, an amazing trip I'll always treasure.

Edited: May 11, 2023, 4:03 AM

So happy that you had a fantastic time at Disneyland with your family! It's always a bummer when some rides are closed due to technical issues or weather, but such things happen. I have already booked some tickets there for business class flights for my family to visit Disneyland too; the kids are looking forward t it! Thanks for sharing your trip report with us; it brought a smile to my face!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive