HULK is the best attraction ever.

March 28, 2023, 1:36 PM

HULK is the best attraction ever.

Hulk at IOA is one of, if not the best rides ever made. It has everything. Well, the queue is average, but the ride is glorious.

From the launch, you are pinned to your seat. Pure action, non-stop turns, flips and rolls. You go upside down 7 times. And a nice 2:15 minutes of thrills.

Even standing outside is different than most rides – you hear the roar of the green monster with each launch.

It has been there since March of 1999. And still going strong and popular.

One October when my wife was truing a certain age and she was depressed, I offered to take her to Orlando for a few days. She agreed. I went on Hulk 3 times in a row. After the third time, I felt if I go on it again – I might have a protein spill and needed a break… HAHAHAHAAHA.

Yes there are some fantastic attractions like Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure but Hulk still rules.

HULK SMASH...

Replies (5)

March 28, 2023, 4:33 PM

I will agree that in my experience, off all the coasters I’ve ridden, the first 30 seconds of Hulk is peerless. I’m sure there are others that may match it, but it’s perched right up there for me.

March 29, 2023, 8:32 AM

Hulk is definitely a solid coaster, but there are plenty of others that are better, including Velocicoaster, which is just across the lagoon. After you get past Hulk's lift launch and initial zero-g roll, I'd say Kraken and Kumba are just as good as Hulk.

I do think the retracking took Hulk up a notch with a much smooth ride, but the back half of the course (after the MCBR) could have been so much better, and more intricately themed (the second half of Medusa/Bizarro at SFGAdv has more theming than Hulk).

March 30, 2023, 7:35 AM

When IOA first opened, Orlando Sentinel Mike Thomas wrote (paraphrasing): "The beginning of the 'Incredible Hulk' coaster is the best three seconds in theme park history."

May 3, 2023, 3:55 AM

HULK is certainly a thrilling coaster, and possibly my favourite too in that category, but the best "attraction" ?
Put to a vote the candidates for that title would be so diverse but my money would be on Big Thunder simply because it scores heavily in all categories.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive