Haunted Mansion Disneyland Closure 2023

June 6, 2023, 6:01 AM

Hey Theme Park Community,

I'm planning a US West Coast Trip in August right now and Disneyland is on top of my list.
I know the Haunted Mansion will close someday in August for Halloween refurbishment. Each year they close it differently i found out in the internet.

I don't wanna miss this classic attraction and I don't find any dates of closure yet.

Do you have any idea how to find out?
Or is there already a specific date announced for the closure?
I expect it to be mid August, but I'm not sure.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Replies (7)

June 6, 2023, 9:51 AM

Good chance you've already seen this, but based on this excellent TouringPlans list (https://touringplans.com/disneyland/attractions/haunted-mansion/closures) you appear to be on the right track. If I was a betting man, I'd be putting my chips on August 14 -- a Monday in mid-August. If they continue with the third Monday of the month strategy, it'll buy you another week.

June 6, 2023, 12:49 PM

Thanks. Yes I saw this list already.
Some years ago the closure was late August.
But I also expect Mid August (probably 14th) this year again like in the last two years...

Halloween time is very early, haha. Same happens in Disney World this year. First Halloween Party Date is August 11. wow.

June 6, 2023, 1:42 PM

Halloween Time starts on September 1st this year and it takes roughly three weeks to change over the Mansion, so I agree with Jacob that August 14th is the probable closing date (that's also the week most schools resume in the area). The date likely won't be confirmed until early July as Disneyland only puts their calendar out about two months ahead, so if you can wait until then to lock your dates you can be sure not to miss it. If you need to solidify sooner, I'd go no later than the first week of August.

July 10, 2023, 12:18 AM

Always amazing it takes so fast to do it.

July 10, 2023, 3:30 PM

The movie opens on July 26th (and some merch is already available), so there's a small "chance" it might last a little longer this year..

July 11, 2023, 5:12 AM

it appears AJ and I were on the money — it'll be closed from august 14 to sept. 1.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive