Funny Encounters With Disney Characters

Edited: June 23, 2023, 10:23 AM

We were talking about our first ever visit to Disneyland in 1995 and the first time we saw a Disney Character.
It was pouring down with rain and we started running for shelter when we saw Goofy trying desperately to get through some "stage doors" to escape the terrible weather.
As he did so a young boy ran to him. Maybe to get his autograph or just say hello. Anyway Goofy raised his arms in despair but stayed long enough to interact with the boy despite getting more and more sodden. It was so funny because the kid was so pleased to see Goofy that the rain didn't matter one bit to him.

I'm sure you all have funny stories involving encounters with Disney characters that you could share.

Replies (6)

June 23, 2023, 10:46 AM

When I was working for WDI at Disney Hollywood Studios, there was a backstage encounter that I'll always remember. I was walking down the long sidewalk behind the building that housed 'One Man's Dream' when, lo and behold, Mickey suddenly appeared -- walking toward me. And that costume is just so powerful that ... well, ya know, it's not somone in a suit. It's actually M. Mouse, right. So as we passed, we high-fived and I kept walking.

Come to find out, years later, the person in the suit was Russell Meyer.

June 23, 2023, 11:46 AM

2004 a great character breakfast with family, my two year old nephew excited meeting Pooh. I told him I was a huge fan, even a Pooh doll from first WDW visit and "oh, come here" and hugged him with my nephew laughing.

July 19, 2023, 10:45 AM

When we started our honeymoon in WDW, we purchased the bride & groom ears at Epcot. The day we were in Magic Kingdom, we stood in line to meet Chip & Dale. Chip "stole" my husband's hat and Dale walked my husband away. Chip then dipped me and "kissed" me. I could hear him making kissing noices. Yes, we have pictures. :)

July 19, 2023, 2:53 PM

Not specifically Disney characters, but when I went to Knotts as a kid, Lucy & Snoopy were disappointed in our Disney shirts and tried to cover them up during the photos.

July 19, 2023, 6:04 PM

THC, if that is genuine that is the best. I do hope it is true.

July 20, 2023, 7:23 AM

There was this Guy that use to drive a Boat\raft back and fourth to Tom Sawyer Island - that could not shut up and kept talking about Theme parks and someday writing a book...

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive